1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Verizon Nokia Lumia 929 is Codenamed "Icon"

Discussion in 'Nokia' started by Arborist, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Arborist

Arborist Member

This is one Windows phone I would consider. I'm thinking about it next time I upgrade. I don't know though, I'm still on the Android phase right now so we'll see how Samsung is doing then. What do you think of this phone? That camera is bomb!

Verizon Nokia Lumia 929 is Codenamed Icon | GadgeTell

› See More: Verizon Nokia Lumia 929 is Codenamed "Icon"
  2. jlhatch

jlhatch New Member

I can't wait for this phone. My HTC 8X is crapping out - often stops responding to touch, randomly reboots, etc. The 928 is 7 months old, and I'm ready for the latest/greatest. Specs look amazing on the 929, and I love the UI of Windows Phones. Early leaks were that it would be released around Thanksgiving, but that came and went, so I'm hoping for before Xmas.

3. Jayaram Krishnaswamy

Jayaram Krishnaswamy New Member

Nokia Icon is a very good phone although I have noticed some problems with it.
    Actually it is Windows Phone 8.0 Operating system and I bought two phones one for myself and another for my wife. I upgraded mine to Windows Phone 8.1 Preview.
    If you are buying go for a Nokia phone with Windows Phone 8.1 and not Windows 8.0. You can get it from AT&T and not Verizon. Verizon does not tell or do not know when they will roll-out the new OS.
    As to the problems I have seen (I am a Windows Phone developer or pretend to be one), the screen freezes in the red 'Verizon' display (this happened on the 8.0). In the 8.1, there is the problem of Wi-Fi not getting connected to the Internet although Wi-Fi is available and secure. On the positive side it takes great shots even under low ambient light conditions. Follow me here or on my blog (look for HodentekMobile) on the blogger.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?