1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

Verizon plan/ Bad Credit

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by rmontgomery88, Dec 5, 2010.

1. rmontgomery88

rmontgomery88 New Member

Ok so I will try to make this as un-confusing as I can lol. In Feb 2009 I opened a Verizon account. Dec 2009 I added a second phone. In March of 2010 they ended up getting shut off due to un-forseen medical bills. I had some bills with creditors. About a week ago I paid off every bill including the verizon bill. I am currently under my ex's verizon account and would rather not be so he can't look at my calls or texts. Would I be able to get an account at Verizon again? I'm sure I would have to pay some sort of deposit if it was even possible. But i wanted to see if it would even be worth my time to go in and try to get a phone? Also, now that I paid off my bill is my old phone unlocked?

› See More: Verizon plan/ Bad Credit

2. aepple

aepple New Member

I'm not going to play creditor or loan officer, but i'll say that bad credit is no a good thing when trying to apply for credit, companies don't like giving credit to people they feel are a risk. I would apply, explain the situation, and see what happen, keep your expectations low but take a shot, pre-paid plans maybe an option

check it out@

Set Your Location
  3. cybiko123

cybiko123 Active Member

It depends on how bad your credit situation is. If your unpaid bills hurt your score badly, you can expect to pay either a $125 or $400 deposit, which you would get back after 12 consecutive on-time Verizon payments.

On the other hand, they might not require a deposit at all.

One thing to note: When Verizon runs your credit, it will be a hard inquiry, which could potentially lower your credit score.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?