1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

Verizon Razr and Caller ID

Discussion in 'Motorola' started by bmanley, May 11, 2006.

1. bmanley

bmanley New Member

Is there a way to make the Razr from Verizon ignor a call if the caller is blocking the number? I did a search on here and did not see an answer.
    Thanks in advance for any help.:)

› See More: Verizon Razr and Caller ID
  2. paulcman

paulcman New Member

That is something you will have to find out from Verizon directly. There is no feature specific to the Razr V3c or, for that matter, any other phone that I am aware of, that will allow you to block a "private call".
  3. bossdragon

bossdragon Daderator

The only thing you could do, is go into:

Sounds
    Call Sounds
    Call Ringtones
    Restricted Calls and/or No Caller ID

And turn off the ringtone/ringer to those numbers that come in with those two options.
  4. bmanley

bmanley New Member

Thanks for the info
  5. paulcman

paulcman New Member

Hey Boss...

With the Verizon Razr, there is no option to change the ringer for Restricted or No Caller ID calls. I believe that the new UI has removed that function from all newer Verizon phones. Unless I am totally missing it...

My ringer/sounds menu goes like this:

Menu
    Settings & Tools
    Sound Settings
    Ring Styles
    Master Volume Detail

Under Master Volume Details there are options for:

Ring Volume
    Calls (sets ringtone for ALL incoming calls, other than those with individual Ringer IDs)
    Inbox
    Voicemail
    Alarms
    Data Calls
    Fax Calls
    Ringer IDs (on or off)
    Key Volume
    Reminders

Now, I do remember that my old LG VX6100 (sorry to blaspheme...) from Verizon had the capability of setting a different ringtone for Restricted, No Caller ID and Caller ID calls. However, I believe that was before Verizon totally redesigned the UI and put the same menu structure on all of their new phones.

I suspect that the only way to do what you have suggested would be to edit the seem, but that is way beyond my inexperience!
  6. bmanley

bmanley New Member

I did have an older verizon phone that you could set the ring tone for no cller ID but not this razr. I just don't answer when the ID is restricted.
  7. bossdragon

bossdragon Daderator

hmmm...

I went to:

Settings & Tools
    Sounds Settings
    Call Sounds
    Call Ringtones
    No Caller ID
    Scrolled all the way to the bottom of the ringtone list and and at the bottom was No Ring.

Same thing for Restrict Calls

My LG VX 9800 has the New Verizon UI on it also, and I know the new Razor does too. I really thought all the new Verizon phones had the same UI on them now.

This is bugging the heck out of me now. I am going to have to go down to the store and take a look for myself.

What they probably did, is add these little idiosyncrasies depending on the manufacturer....just to mess with people like me....:rolleyes:
    Last edited: May 13, 2006
  8. bmanley

bmanley New Member

Mine doesn't have it
  9. paulcman

paulcman New Member

It sounds to me like LG phones were given the option, but perhaps Moto phones weren't. As I said, my LG VX6100 had the No Caller ID option, but neither my Razr nor my wife's have the option.
  10. bossdragon

bossdragon Daderator

Ok...I went down to the store...and paul...your right. Only LG has this option. Even though all newer Verizon phones have the new UI (User Interface), it has been generalized. In other words, navigating the menu's and all is the same, but there are differences once you get into the settings.

I tried every moto and Samsung they had...none had the option that the LG phones have. Thats a shame too....I really do like that option of setting different ringers for:

Caller ID
    No Caller ID
    Restrict Calls
    All Calls

The only other option is.....the next time you get a no caller ID, go in and save that in your contacts, and setup a ringer of your choice for it. That way, when anybody calls with a a no caller ID, it should ring or not ring depending on how you set it up with the specified ringtone.

This may or may not work....just throwing options out there for you to try.
  11. bmanley

bmanley New Member

I'll try it next time and see what happens.
  12. bmanley

bmanley New Member

tried it. You can't store it.
  13. bossdragon

bossdragon Daderator

ok...well...walk outside....go to the edge of your driveway...wait for a car to drive by...and throw the phone under the tires as it goes by....lol....no...just kidding.

I will look into this farther and see if I can come up with something.

You could also jump up and down....and say a lot of dirty words every time one of these individuals call.....I really don't know if this would work...but it might make you feel a bit better.

I do this when I want something and my wife won't let me have it. It hasn't worked for me yet...but like I said...it sometimes makes me feel a bit better.

Yes...I have past childhood.....just barely according to my wife anyway!

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?