1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus and GSM networks

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by scudmonger, Jan 21, 2012.

1. scudmonger

scudmonger New Member

I know the "international" version of the SGN can be used on any network, but is the US Verizon 4g version able to "Roam" on international networks like in Europe? Mine does have a micro SIM card. I was wondering if the 4g version removed the hardware capable of 800/900/1800/1900 GSM networks.

› See More: Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus and GSM networks

2. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

No, unfortunately not all 4g LTE networks are the same. The micro sim for Verizon 4gLTE doesn't have the same function as a GSM phone SIM.
  3. masterresetcom

masterresetcom New Member

So does this mean that this phone will not work with Wind Mobile out of Canada?
  4. masterresetcom

masterresetcom New Member

O, I just noticed that Wind will be carrying the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, probably a different version, than this one.
  5. scudmonger

scudmonger New Member

Okay so I was in San Diego last month and the phone was able to get a signal from Mexico, data, voice, 3g, the whole 9 yards. It seems to have some capability of roaming, but probably not Europe (which is in line with the other Verizon phones I have owned). I'm assuming it would work in Canada on their CDMA networks.

Is there a possibility of this working in Korea or Japan? I had read somewhere that someone there was able to roam with a Motorola droid there but I could not confirm it.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?