1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

Verizon Too Expensive?

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by MHJ, Aug 9, 2007.

1. MHJ

MHJ New Member

Is verizon the most expensive provider out there? From what I see, their rates are among the steepest among all their competitors

› See More: Verizon Too Expensive?
  2. paulcman

paulcman New Member

Just remember the old adage, "You get what you pay for!"
  3. Squeeg

Squeeg New Member

Exactly.
  4. fdcom3

fdcom3 New Member

Every time my 2 year contract is up, I compare my rate with the rates of the competitors, Verizon is still the best value, at least for me.
  5. pryncssdeb

pryncssdeb New Member

Verizon Too Expensive?... not really...

We've had both AT&T (before cingular's buy out.... ugh) and verizon. Locally at&t was the best for us. Then cingular bought them and our service tanked... so we just went without for about 2 years, until my hubby got a job about an hour away. We went with VZW because we have a friend who txts and calls every 2 mins (lol) and has vzw. Every other provider wanted a down payment. VZW didn't. And we caught our phones on sale. We pay about $110 month, got 700 mins between us, nights and weekends, and unlim txt to vzw custs and 500 non vzw. It's perfect for us. We paid about the same for ONE phone on at&t, and there were no txts, and like 250 mins.

deb
  6. misterSelf

misterSelf New Member

VZW and AT&.T are roughly the same price
  7. aepple

aepple New Member

The first overhaul of ALL Cell/service providers should be... Not charging minutes use for any/all incoming calls. Only if you make a call should minutes be charged/used.
  8. vettyinsane

vettyinsane New Member

Verizon is run by Nazi's
  9. ELMHURSTWIRE

ELMHURSTWIRE New Member

verision sucks and are to much money for sure!! dont ever lock into a contract with them!
  10. NOT4PROFIT

NOT4PROFIT New Member

Verizon Wireless has been the most expensive provider I've dealt with but at the same time their coverage has also been the best.
  11. jflores

jflores Banned

My service is free with WOW Mobile.
    I can sign you up.
  12. videokidd

videokidd New Member

always too expensiver
  13. taeyeon

taeyeon New Member

It ain't too bad.
  14. jdmm72

jdmm72 New Member

Ummm...what is that? Poor arrogant customer service? Less coverage than I had with Alltel (because of the loss of the Sprint roaming agreement)? Yeah, they do have a store on every corner, but hey, again, they are poor too. Ask 3 different stores (and phone CSR) the same question and you'll get 4 different answers. Let's see, the highest ETFs, the lowest minutes, texting is extra. Oh, and the longest wait times. Missed promised callbacks, service outages.....reneging on agreements, and I'm just getting started.

Remember, they became, "America's largest mobile network," not by acquiring customers but by buying out regional carriers. And where did the money come from???? Remember verizon came from the Ma Bell breakup, and much of their money stems from those days. In fact Verizon landlines still use the bell emblem on payphones and some trucks.
  15. dmobile215

dmobile215 New Member

always expensive when it comes to Verizon!
    But I will say there the only carrier who keeps signal all over no matter where you are, even tied up in the trunk of a car Verizon will get you a signal!

;)
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2011
  16. cellphone0102

cellphone0102 New Member

I had Verizon and I now have AT&T. Depending on what you use your phone for' AT&T might be a better value. If you talk a lot you might want to go with AT&T because you get rollover minutes (the minutes you don't use from one month get pushed to your next month). If you use data frequently you may want to go with AT&T because they offer cheaper data plans than Verizon. Then again, Verizon does offer unlimited data for a little bit more. However, I believe that Verizon is getting rid of their unlimited data plan for smartphones, and the cheapest option you will have is 2GB of data for $30. Hope helped!
  17. xX_Cyberion_Xx

xX_Cyberion_Xx New Member

Verizon is actually only more expensive on the lower end. if you have everything (unlimited sms, unltd Data,et al), they are actually cheaper

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

That's assuming you arent including the pre-paids like Boost
  18. paladinJ0

paladinJ0 New Member

thanks for topic. and i just want to say you guys something to learn simple way to make a good character in wow. you guys have to learn a lot of things about wow. everybody know that. but you can make it very easily with guide. WITH ONE GUIDE.
    check my signature.
  19. Wattheheck

Wattheheck New Member

Verizon isn't much more expensive than any other provider if you manage your needs. Just don't buy a phone or any peripherals from them they rip you off. For the same free phone you get off Amazon with a 2 year contract they will charge you $199 plus tax on what they call full retail value of the item.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?