1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

Verizon unlimited everything (data, voice,text) for sale

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by wdrake_98, Jul 12, 2012.

1. wdrake_98

wdrake_98 New Member

Hi. Any changes to the plan removes the unlimited data option. Oh well. Sorry guys.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

› See More: Verizon unlimited everything (data, voice,text) for sale
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2012

2. avenue

avenue Super Moderator

I don't think unlimited data will transfer anymore. I remember an article saying transfers would require a new data plan.
  3. wdrake_98

wdrake_98 New Member

Hmmmm

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  4. avenue

avenue Super Moderator

You can try to transfer it and see what happens or you can give Verizon Wireless a call to see if they can do anything about it.

But, as far as I know, you cannot transfer the unlimited data plan.

Sorry for the bad news!
  5. paulkruger

paulkruger New Member

Verizon and most carriers lie about "unlimited" plans. Verizon charges $40 just to own your own phone, then you still have to pay for a plan for any minutes, text or data.

After hours on phone and chat with major carriers today I got fed up with all the misleading and outright lies about their so-called "unlimited" plans. None of them are really unlimited and you are expected to pay a different fee for "unlimited" based on the type of phone you own. They charge more for smart phone users than for basic phone users for the exact same amount of data, i.e "unlimited".

If both plans are each called "unlimited" yet one costs more than the other, then the cheaper version must not really be unlimited...unless my dictionary has a strange definition of what the word "unlimited" means.

I wish I could find an honest wireless carrier to do business with. Closest is Virgin Mobile which I have and is unlimited at $25 but their coverage in my area is very poor.
  6. wdrake_98

wdrake_98 New Member

Yes you are pretty much right if you just attempted to do this. The days of unlimited plans are gone. I was grandfathered into the plan option last year before it was removed.

So yea my bill is pretty high and I pay more for mobile internet then I do my home internet, but it would cost even if I switch to the pay plans.
  7. avenue

avenue Super Moderator

There aren't many carriers that offer unlimited data anymore. Most have some type of limit or throttle customers after reaching a certain amount of data. The throttling doesn't bother me as much because you'll never get shut off or need to pay overages.

There are a lot of disagreements on the meaning of the word "unlimited" though. What do you think unlimited means?

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?