1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Verizon Wireless billing trick, scam $40 "mistake"

Discussion in 'alt.cellular.verizon' started by Quick, Jul 1, 2004.

  1. Roger Binns

    Roger Binns Guest

    Larry W4CSC wrote:
    > The same idiots you've dealt with never noticed or wouldn't admit they'd
    > made a mistake of this proportion to their managers,


    I am dealing with a similar situation right now. Somehow VZW managed to
    take an auto bill payment out of my checking account despite the fact
    that I have never given them my checking account details, only my
    credit card (given how many errors they make I would be insane to let
    them anywhere near my checking account).

    My credit union is adamant that VZW took the money from my checking
    account and VZW is adamant they didn't do that. So either VZW or
    the credit union have to admit to a mistake, or I am getting that
    money back since it is a phantom error.

    Roger
     



    › See More: Verizon Wireless billing trick, scam $40 "mistake"
  2. Roger Binns

    Roger Binns Guest

    Larry W4CSC wrote:
    > The same idiots you've dealt with never noticed or wouldn't admit they'd
    > made a mistake of this proportion to their managers,


    I am dealing with a similar situation right now. Somehow VZW managed to
    take an auto bill payment out of my checking account despite the fact
    that I have never given them my checking account details, only my
    credit card (given how many errors they make I would be insane to let
    them anywhere near my checking account).

    My credit union is adamant that VZW took the money from my checking
    account and VZW is adamant they didn't do that. So either VZW or
    the credit union have to admit to a mistake, or I am getting that
    money back since it is a phantom error.

    Roger
     
  3. Roger Binns

    Roger Binns Guest

    Larry W4CSC wrote:
    > The same idiots you've dealt with never noticed or wouldn't admit they'd
    > made a mistake of this proportion to their managers,


    I am dealing with a similar situation right now. Somehow VZW managed to
    take an auto bill payment out of my checking account despite the fact
    that I have never given them my checking account details, only my
    credit card (given how many errors they make I would be insane to let
    them anywhere near my checking account).

    My credit union is adamant that VZW took the money from my checking
    account and VZW is adamant they didn't do that. So either VZW or
    the credit union have to admit to a mistake, or I am getting that
    money back since it is a phantom error.

    Roger
     
  4. Roger Binns

    Roger Binns Guest

    Larry W4CSC wrote:
    > The same idiots you've dealt with never noticed or wouldn't admit they'd
    > made a mistake of this proportion to their managers,


    I am dealing with a similar situation right now. Somehow VZW managed to
    take an auto bill payment out of my checking account despite the fact
    that I have never given them my checking account details, only my
    credit card (given how many errors they make I would be insane to let
    them anywhere near my checking account).

    My credit union is adamant that VZW took the money from my checking
    account and VZW is adamant they didn't do that. So either VZW or
    the credit union have to admit to a mistake, or I am getting that
    money back since it is a phantom error.

    Roger
     
  5. Roger Binns

    Roger Binns Guest

    Larry W4CSC wrote:
    > The same idiots you've dealt with never noticed or wouldn't admit they'd
    > made a mistake of this proportion to their managers,


    I am dealing with a similar situation right now. Somehow VZW managed to
    take an auto bill payment out of my checking account despite the fact
    that I have never given them my checking account details, only my
    credit card (given how many errors they make I would be insane to let
    them anywhere near my checking account).

    My credit union is adamant that VZW took the money from my checking
    account and VZW is adamant they didn't do that. So either VZW or
    the credit union have to admit to a mistake, or I am getting that
    money back since it is a phantom error.

    Roger
     
  6. Roger Binns

    Roger Binns Guest

    Larry W4CSC wrote:
    > The same idiots you've dealt with never noticed or wouldn't admit they'd
    > made a mistake of this proportion to their managers,


    I am dealing with a similar situation right now. Somehow VZW managed to
    take an auto bill payment out of my checking account despite the fact
    that I have never given them my checking account details, only my
    credit card (given how many errors they make I would be insane to let
    them anywhere near my checking account).

    My credit union is adamant that VZW took the money from my checking
    account and VZW is adamant they didn't do that. So either VZW or
    the credit union have to admit to a mistake, or I am getting that
    money back since it is a phantom error.

    Roger
     
  7. Roger Binns

    Roger Binns Guest

    Proconsul wrote:
    > However, since you choose to address your comments to me, I'll reaffirm that
    > I don't buy the usual complaint that the CSR screwed up. It's my experience
    > that most people don't listen to what they're told and don't read what they
    > sign. THEN, they feel self-righteous and complain to the high heavens when
    > they find out they didn't understand what they signed or what they had been
    > told....


    While what you say is true, I can't understand why Verizon does it this
    way. Surely if the billing date was the same as the day the contract
    started then there wouldn't be anything to explain, omit, understand
    or make an error on.

    Roger
     
  8. Roger Binns

    Roger Binns Guest

    Proconsul wrote:
    > However, since you choose to address your comments to me, I'll reaffirm that
    > I don't buy the usual complaint that the CSR screwed up. It's my experience
    > that most people don't listen to what they're told and don't read what they
    > sign. THEN, they feel self-righteous and complain to the high heavens when
    > they find out they didn't understand what they signed or what they had been
    > told....


    While what you say is true, I can't understand why Verizon does it this
    way. Surely if the billing date was the same as the day the contract
    started then there wouldn't be anything to explain, omit, understand
    or make an error on.

    Roger
     
  9. Roger Binns

    Roger Binns Guest

    Proconsul wrote:
    > However, since you choose to address your comments to me, I'll reaffirm that
    > I don't buy the usual complaint that the CSR screwed up. It's my experience
    > that most people don't listen to what they're told and don't read what they
    > sign. THEN, they feel self-righteous and complain to the high heavens when
    > they find out they didn't understand what they signed or what they had been
    > told....


    While what you say is true, I can't understand why Verizon does it this
    way. Surely if the billing date was the same as the day the contract
    started then there wouldn't be anything to explain, omit, understand
    or make an error on.

    Roger
     
  10. Roger Binns

    Roger Binns Guest

    Proconsul wrote:
    > However, since you choose to address your comments to me, I'll reaffirm that
    > I don't buy the usual complaint that the CSR screwed up. It's my experience
    > that most people don't listen to what they're told and don't read what they
    > sign. THEN, they feel self-righteous and complain to the high heavens when
    > they find out they didn't understand what they signed or what they had been
    > told....


    While what you say is true, I can't understand why Verizon does it this
    way. Surely if the billing date was the same as the day the contract
    started then there wouldn't be anything to explain, omit, understand
    or make an error on.

    Roger
     
  11. Roger Binns

    Roger Binns Guest

    Proconsul wrote:
    > However, since you choose to address your comments to me, I'll reaffirm that
    > I don't buy the usual complaint that the CSR screwed up. It's my experience
    > that most people don't listen to what they're told and don't read what they
    > sign. THEN, they feel self-righteous and complain to the high heavens when
    > they find out they didn't understand what they signed or what they had been
    > told....


    While what you say is true, I can't understand why Verizon does it this
    way. Surely if the billing date was the same as the day the contract
    started then there wouldn't be anything to explain, omit, understand
    or make an error on.

    Roger
     
  12. Proconsul

    Proconsul Guest

    "Roger Binns" <rogerb@rogerbinns.com> wrote in message
    news:h51ir1-l8k.ln1@home.rogerbinns.com...
    | Proconsul wrote:
    | > However, since you choose to address your comments to me, I'll reaffirm
    that
    | > I don't buy the usual complaint that the CSR screwed up. It's my
    experience
    | > that most people don't listen to what they're told and don't read what
    they
    | > sign. THEN, they feel self-righteous and complain to the high heavens
    when
    | > they find out they didn't understand what they signed or what they had
    been
    | > told....
    |
    | While what you say is true, I can't understand why Verizon does it this
    | way. Surely if the billing date was the same as the day the contract
    | started then there wouldn't be anything to explain, omit, understand
    | or make an error on.

    I also cannot see what's so "unusual" about what Verizon does in re billing
    and proration - the method they use is as common as dirt, not all that
    complicated and necessary when you consider how often many people change
    plans, equipment, features, etc., to their service....

    Verizon is not managed by thieves, crooks or stupid people. Their system is
    fine. Their people, except for rare exceptions, do an excellent job and
    their SERVICE is the best available.....I just don't see why so many are so
    enraged about nothing.....

    PC
     
  13. Proconsul

    Proconsul Guest

    "Roger Binns" <rogerb@rogerbinns.com> wrote in message
    news:h51ir1-l8k.ln1@home.rogerbinns.com...
    | Proconsul wrote:
    | > However, since you choose to address your comments to me, I'll reaffirm
    that
    | > I don't buy the usual complaint that the CSR screwed up. It's my
    experience
    | > that most people don't listen to what they're told and don't read what
    they
    | > sign. THEN, they feel self-righteous and complain to the high heavens
    when
    | > they find out they didn't understand what they signed or what they had
    been
    | > told....
    |
    | While what you say is true, I can't understand why Verizon does it this
    | way. Surely if the billing date was the same as the day the contract
    | started then there wouldn't be anything to explain, omit, understand
    | or make an error on.

    I also cannot see what's so "unusual" about what Verizon does in re billing
    and proration - the method they use is as common as dirt, not all that
    complicated and necessary when you consider how often many people change
    plans, equipment, features, etc., to their service....

    Verizon is not managed by thieves, crooks or stupid people. Their system is
    fine. Their people, except for rare exceptions, do an excellent job and
    their SERVICE is the best available.....I just don't see why so many are so
    enraged about nothing.....

    PC
     
  14. Proconsul

    Proconsul Guest

    "Roger Binns" <rogerb@rogerbinns.com> wrote in message
    news:h51ir1-l8k.ln1@home.rogerbinns.com...
    | Proconsul wrote:
    | > However, since you choose to address your comments to me, I'll reaffirm
    that
    | > I don't buy the usual complaint that the CSR screwed up. It's my
    experience
    | > that most people don't listen to what they're told and don't read what
    they
    | > sign. THEN, they feel self-righteous and complain to the high heavens
    when
    | > they find out they didn't understand what they signed or what they had
    been
    | > told....
    |
    | While what you say is true, I can't understand why Verizon does it this
    | way. Surely if the billing date was the same as the day the contract
    | started then there wouldn't be anything to explain, omit, understand
    | or make an error on.

    I also cannot see what's so "unusual" about what Verizon does in re billing
    and proration - the method they use is as common as dirt, not all that
    complicated and necessary when you consider how often many people change
    plans, equipment, features, etc., to their service....

    Verizon is not managed by thieves, crooks or stupid people. Their system is
    fine. Their people, except for rare exceptions, do an excellent job and
    their SERVICE is the best available.....I just don't see why so many are so
    enraged about nothing.....

    PC
     
  15. Proconsul

    Proconsul Guest

    "Roger Binns" <rogerb@rogerbinns.com> wrote in message
    news:h51ir1-l8k.ln1@home.rogerbinns.com...
    | Proconsul wrote:
    | > However, since you choose to address your comments to me, I'll reaffirm
    that
    | > I don't buy the usual complaint that the CSR screwed up. It's my
    experience
    | > that most people don't listen to what they're told and don't read what
    they
    | > sign. THEN, they feel self-righteous and complain to the high heavens
    when
    | > they find out they didn't understand what they signed or what they had
    been
    | > told....
    |
    | While what you say is true, I can't understand why Verizon does it this
    | way. Surely if the billing date was the same as the day the contract
    | started then there wouldn't be anything to explain, omit, understand
    | or make an error on.

    I also cannot see what's so "unusual" about what Verizon does in re billing
    and proration - the method they use is as common as dirt, not all that
    complicated and necessary when you consider how often many people change
    plans, equipment, features, etc., to their service....

    Verizon is not managed by thieves, crooks or stupid people. Their system is
    fine. Their people, except for rare exceptions, do an excellent job and
    their SERVICE is the best available.....I just don't see why so many are so
    enraged about nothing.....

    PC
     
  16. Proconsul

    Proconsul Guest

    "Roger Binns" <rogerb@rogerbinns.com> wrote in message
    news:h51ir1-l8k.ln1@home.rogerbinns.com...
    | Proconsul wrote:
    | > However, since you choose to address your comments to me, I'll reaffirm
    that
    | > I don't buy the usual complaint that the CSR screwed up. It's my
    experience
    | > that most people don't listen to what they're told and don't read what
    they
    | > sign. THEN, they feel self-righteous and complain to the high heavens
    when
    | > they find out they didn't understand what they signed or what they had
    been
    | > told....
    |
    | While what you say is true, I can't understand why Verizon does it this
    | way. Surely if the billing date was the same as the day the contract
    | started then there wouldn't be anything to explain, omit, understand
    | or make an error on.

    I also cannot see what's so "unusual" about what Verizon does in re billing
    and proration - the method they use is as common as dirt, not all that
    complicated and necessary when you consider how often many people change
    plans, equipment, features, etc., to their service....

    Verizon is not managed by thieves, crooks or stupid people. Their system is
    fine. Their people, except for rare exceptions, do an excellent job and
    their SERVICE is the best available.....I just don't see why so many are so
    enraged about nothing.....

    PC
     
  17. Richard Ness

    Richard Ness Guest

    Some people gotta bitch just for the sake of bitching....


    "Proconsul" <nospam@nospam.org> wrote in message news:_UAFc.8765$151.1221@fed1read02...
    >
    > "Roger Binns" <rogerb@rogerbinns.com> wrote in message
    > news:h51ir1-l8k.ln1@home.rogerbinns.com...
    > | Proconsul wrote:
    > | > However, since you choose to address your comments to me, I'll reaffirm
    > that
    > | > I don't buy the usual complaint that the CSR screwed up. It's my
    > experience
    > | > that most people don't listen to what they're told and don't read what
    > they
    > | > sign. THEN, they feel self-righteous and complain to the high heavens
    > when
    > | > they find out they didn't understand what they signed or what they had
    > been
    > | > told....
    > |
    > | While what you say is true, I can't understand why Verizon does it this
    > | way. Surely if the billing date was the same as the day the contract
    > | started then there wouldn't be anything to explain, omit, understand
    > | or make an error on.
    >
    > I also cannot see what's so "unusual" about what Verizon does in re billing
    > and proration - the method they use is as common as dirt, not all that
    > complicated and necessary when you consider how often many people change
    > plans, equipment, features, etc., to their service....
    >
    > Verizon is not managed by thieves, crooks or stupid people. Their system is
    > fine. Their people, except for rare exceptions, do an excellent job and
    > their SERVICE is the best available.....I just don't see why so many are so
    > enraged about nothing.....
    >
    > PC
    >
    >
     
  18. Richard Ness

    Richard Ness Guest

    Some people gotta bitch just for the sake of bitching....


    "Proconsul" <nospam@nospam.org> wrote in message news:_UAFc.8765$151.1221@fed1read02...
    >
    > "Roger Binns" <rogerb@rogerbinns.com> wrote in message
    > news:h51ir1-l8k.ln1@home.rogerbinns.com...
    > | Proconsul wrote:
    > | > However, since you choose to address your comments to me, I'll reaffirm
    > that
    > | > I don't buy the usual complaint that the CSR screwed up. It's my
    > experience
    > | > that most people don't listen to what they're told and don't read what
    > they
    > | > sign. THEN, they feel self-righteous and complain to the high heavens
    > when
    > | > they find out they didn't understand what they signed or what they had
    > been
    > | > told....
    > |
    > | While what you say is true, I can't understand why Verizon does it this
    > | way. Surely if the billing date was the same as the day the contract
    > | started then there wouldn't be anything to explain, omit, understand
    > | or make an error on.
    >
    > I also cannot see what's so "unusual" about what Verizon does in re billing
    > and proration - the method they use is as common as dirt, not all that
    > complicated and necessary when you consider how often many people change
    > plans, equipment, features, etc., to their service....
    >
    > Verizon is not managed by thieves, crooks or stupid people. Their system is
    > fine. Their people, except for rare exceptions, do an excellent job and
    > their SERVICE is the best available.....I just don't see why so many are so
    > enraged about nothing.....
    >
    > PC
    >
    >
     
  19. Richard Ness

    Richard Ness Guest

    Some people gotta bitch just for the sake of bitching....


    "Proconsul" <nospam@nospam.org> wrote in message news:_UAFc.8765$151.1221@fed1read02...
    >
    > "Roger Binns" <rogerb@rogerbinns.com> wrote in message
    > news:h51ir1-l8k.ln1@home.rogerbinns.com...
    > | Proconsul wrote:
    > | > However, since you choose to address your comments to me, I'll reaffirm
    > that
    > | > I don't buy the usual complaint that the CSR screwed up. It's my
    > experience
    > | > that most people don't listen to what they're told and don't read what
    > they
    > | > sign. THEN, they feel self-righteous and complain to the high heavens
    > when
    > | > they find out they didn't understand what they signed or what they had
    > been
    > | > told....
    > |
    > | While what you say is true, I can't understand why Verizon does it this
    > | way. Surely if the billing date was the same as the day the contract
    > | started then there wouldn't be anything to explain, omit, understand
    > | or make an error on.
    >
    > I also cannot see what's so "unusual" about what Verizon does in re billing
    > and proration - the method they use is as common as dirt, not all that
    > complicated and necessary when you consider how often many people change
    > plans, equipment, features, etc., to their service....
    >
    > Verizon is not managed by thieves, crooks or stupid people. Their system is
    > fine. Their people, except for rare exceptions, do an excellent job and
    > their SERVICE is the best available.....I just don't see why so many are so
    > enraged about nothing.....
    >
    > PC
    >
    >
     
  20. Richard Ness

    Richard Ness Guest

    Some people gotta bitch just for the sake of bitching....


    "Proconsul" <nospam@nospam.org> wrote in message news:_UAFc.8765$151.1221@fed1read02...
    >
    > "Roger Binns" <rogerb@rogerbinns.com> wrote in message
    > news:h51ir1-l8k.ln1@home.rogerbinns.com...
    > | Proconsul wrote:
    > | > However, since you choose to address your comments to me, I'll reaffirm
    > that
    > | > I don't buy the usual complaint that the CSR screwed up. It's my
    > experience
    > | > that most people don't listen to what they're told and don't read what
    > they
    > | > sign. THEN, they feel self-righteous and complain to the high heavens
    > when
    > | > they find out they didn't understand what they signed or what they had
    > been
    > | > told....
    > |
    > | While what you say is true, I can't understand why Verizon does it this
    > | way. Surely if the billing date was the same as the day the contract
    > | started then there wouldn't be anything to explain, omit, understand
    > | or make an error on.
    >
    > I also cannot see what's so "unusual" about what Verizon does in re billing
    > and proration - the method they use is as common as dirt, not all that
    > complicated and necessary when you consider how often many people change
    > plans, equipment, features, etc., to their service....
    >
    > Verizon is not managed by thieves, crooks or stupid people. Their system is
    > fine. Their people, except for rare exceptions, do an excellent job and
    > their SERVICE is the best available.....I just don't see why so many are so
    > enraged about nothing.....
    >
    > PC
    >
    >
     

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.


Forgot your password?