1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Virgin Mobile to Begin Offering $40 Unlimited Prepaid 3G BroadbandService Tomorrow

Discussion in 'alt.cellular.verizon' started by SMS, Aug 24, 2010.

  1. SMS

    SMS Guest

    "http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/204036/virgin_mobile_announces_unlimited_mobile_broadband_plan.html"

    Pretty good deal if you can live with Sprint's native 3G network coverage.
     



    › See More: Virgin Mobile to Begin Offering $40 Unlimited Prepaid 3G BroadbandService Tomorrow
  2. John Navas

    John Navas Guest

    Re: Virgin Mobile to Begin Offering $40 Unlimited Prepaid 3G Broadband Service Tomorrow

    On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 14:29:26 -0700, in
    <4c7439c5$0$22108$742ec2ed@news.sonic.net>, SMS
    <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:

    >"http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/204036/virgin_mobile_announces_unlimited_mobile_broadband_plan.html"
    >
    >Pretty good deal if you can live with Sprint's native 3G network coverage.


    Which is pretty good, just like the deal.

    --
    John

    "Assumption is the mother of all screw ups."
    [Wethern’s Law of Suspended Judgement]
     
  3. George

    George Guest

    On 8/24/2010 5:29 PM, SMS wrote:
    > "http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/204036/virgin_mobile_announces_unlimited_mobile_broadband_plan.html"
    >
    >
    > Pretty good deal if you can live with Sprint's native 3G network coverage.


    Comcast is pitching "Comcast 2 Go" 4G really heavily. I was at a
    location the other day and a buddy was interested so we were looking at
    the coverage map. No 4G within 130 miles of here and Sprint 3G and 1X
    are the fallback if you aren't in a 4G area. We couldn't believe Sprints
    coverage map both in (lack of) coverage and that most of the area around
    here is still 1X.
     
  4. Cameo

    Cameo Guest

    Re: Virgin Mobile to Begin Offering $40 Unlimited Prepaid 3G Broadband Service Tomorrow

    "John Navas" <spamfilter1@navasgroup.com> wrote in message
    news:jge876tq0f9mhiptkhmlej3c0a6vtj52ut@4ax.com...
    > On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 14:29:26 -0700, in
    > <4c7439c5$0$22108$742ec2ed@news.sonic.net>, SMS
    > <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>"http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/204036/virgin_mobile_announces_unlimited_mobile_broadband_plan.html"
    >>
    >>Pretty good deal if you can live with Sprint's native 3G network
    >>coverage.

    >
    > Which is pretty good, just like the deal.


    Especially if it forced the competitors to similar deals.
     
  5. Todd Allcock

    Todd Allcock Guest

    Re: Virgin Mobile to Begin Offering $40 Unlimited Prepaid 3G Broadband Service Tomorrow

    "George" <george@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
    news:i51ed9$nu7$1@news.eternal-september.org...
    > On 8/24/2010 5:29 PM, SMS wrote:
    >> "http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/204036/virgin_mobile_announces_unlimited_mobile_broadband_plan.html"
    >>
    >>
    >> Pretty good deal if you can live with Sprint's native 3G network
    >> coverage.

    >
    > Comcast is pitching "Comcast 2 Go" 4G really heavily. I was at a location
    > the other day and a buddy was interested so we were looking at the
    > coverage map. No 4G within 130 miles of here and Sprint 3G and 1X are the
    > fallback if you aren't in a 4G area. We couldn't believe Sprints coverage
    > map both in (lack of) coverage and that most of the area around here is
    > still 1X.


    Which would've been a helpful data point if you'd bothered to tell us where
    "here" is! ;)
     
  6. SMS

    SMS Guest

    George wrote:

    > Comcast is pitching "Comcast 2 Go" 4G really heavily. I was at a
    > location the other day and a buddy was interested so we were looking at
    > the coverage map. No 4G within 130 miles of here and Sprint 3G and 1X
    > are the fallback if you aren't in a 4G area. We couldn't believe Sprints
    > coverage map both in (lack of) coverage and that most of the area around
    > here is still 1X.


    And the map doesn't even show how poor the Sprint coverage (even 3G and
    voice) often is. There are areas near me, not even up in the hills or
    down in valleys, where Sprint's map shows coverage but there is actually
    none (at least T-Mobile is honest and their map shows no coverage in
    these areas). On the outskirts of town in, in the hills all the
    carrier's maps other than Verizon show that they have no coverage (and
    this is a source of a lot of complaints from those residents that want
    or have iPhones!).

    OTOH, when I've been back on the east coast, Sprint coverage in urban
    areas without terrain issues has been just fine, as has T-Mobile coverage.
     
  7. John Navas

    John Navas Guest

    Re: Virgin Mobile to Begin Offering $40 Unlimited Prepaid 3G Broadband Service Tomorrow

    On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 16:46:15 -0700, in
    <4c7459c8$0$22183$742ec2ed@news.sonic.net>, SMS
    <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:

    >George wrote:
    >
    >> Comcast is pitching "Comcast 2 Go" 4G really heavily. I was at a
    >> location the other day and a buddy was interested so we were looking at
    >> the coverage map. No 4G within 130 miles of here and Sprint 3G and 1X
    >> are the fallback if you aren't in a 4G area. We couldn't believe Sprints
    >> coverage map both in (lack of) coverage and that most of the area around
    >> here is still 1X.

    >
    >And the map doesn't even show how poor the Sprint coverage (even 3G and
    >voice) often is. There are areas near me, not even up in the hills or
    >down in valleys, where Sprint's map shows coverage but there is actually
    >none (at least T-Mobile is honest and their map shows no coverage in
    >these areas). On the outskirts of town in, in the hills all the
    >carrier's maps other than Verizon show that they have no coverage (and
    >this is a source of a lot of complaints from those residents that want
    >or have iPhones!).


    Pro Verizon propaganda that's complete nonsense.

    --
    John

    "It is better to sit in silence and appear ignorant,
    than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." -Mark Twain
    "A little learning is a dangerous thing." -Alexander Pope
    "Being ignorant is not so much a shame,
    as being unwilling to learn." -Benjamin Franklin
     
  8. George

    George Guest

    On 8/24/2010 9:39 PM, John Navas wrote:
    > On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 16:46:15 -0700, in
    > <4c7459c8$0$22183$742ec2ed@news.sonic.net>, SMS
    > <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:
    >
    >> George wrote:
    >>
    >>> Comcast is pitching "Comcast 2 Go" 4G really heavily. I was at a
    >>> location the other day and a buddy was interested so we were looking at
    >>> the coverage map. No 4G within 130 miles of here and Sprint 3G and 1X
    >>> are the fallback if you aren't in a 4G area. We couldn't believe Sprints
    >>> coverage map both in (lack of) coverage and that most of the area around
    >>> here is still 1X.

    >>
    >> And the map doesn't even show how poor the Sprint coverage (even 3G and
    >> voice) often is. There are areas near me, not even up in the hills or
    >> down in valleys, where Sprint's map shows coverage but there is actually
    >> none (at least T-Mobile is honest and their map shows no coverage in
    >> these areas). On the outskirts of town in, in the hills all the
    >> carrier's maps other than Verizon show that they have no coverage (and
    >> this is a source of a lot of complaints from those residents that want
    >> or have iPhones!).

    >
    > Pro Verizon propaganda that's complete nonsense.
    >

    So you believe you are omniscient?
     
  9. George

    George Guest

    On 8/24/2010 6:11 PM, Todd Allcock wrote:
    > "George"<george@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
    > news:i51ed9$nu7$1@news.eternal-september.org...
    >> On 8/24/2010 5:29 PM, SMS wrote:
    >>> "http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/204036/virgin_mobile_announces_unlimited_mobile_broadband_plan.html"
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Pretty good deal if you can live with Sprint's native 3G network
    >>> coverage.

    >>
    >> Comcast is pitching "Comcast 2 Go" 4G really heavily. I was at a location
    >> the other day and a buddy was interested so we were looking at the
    >> coverage map. No 4G within 130 miles of here and Sprint 3G and 1X are the
    >> fallback if you aren't in a 4G area. We couldn't believe Sprints coverage
    >> map both in (lack of) coverage and that most of the area around here is
    >> still 1X.

    >
    > Which would've been a helpful data point if you'd bothered to tell us where
    > "here" is! ;)
    >
    >
    >

    How about even better:

    http://comcast.cellmaps.com/viewer.html

    And you can see the marketing department had a lot of influence.
    Note that yellow is noted as "3G" on the map key which unless you
    hovered over it and got this popup telling you that it is really 1X:

    "Nationwide Preferred (4G/3G) and Nationwide (3G) subscribers can
    connect to the mobile internet network in these areas, but will not
    experience broadband speeds."
     
  10. John Navas

    John Navas Guest

    Re: Virgin Mobile to Begin Offering $40 Unlimited Prepaid 3G Broadband Service Tomorrow

    On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 21:26:42 -0700, in
    <4c754465$0$22180$742ec2ed@news.sonic.net>, SMS
    <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:

    >The issue with Virgin's service is that it's limited solely to Sprint's
    >network footprint, which is fine if you're not going outside of major
    >urban areas, but useless, even for voice, when you're in other areas
    >(essentially the gray areas on the Comcast map).
    >
    >A lot of Virgin subscribers to the voice service don't realize that
    >Virgin is not simply 'Sprint prepaid,' with all the roaming capability
    >of Sprint onto other CDMA networks. Virgin allows no roaming at all.
    >Once you leave the very limited Sprint service area you have no service
    >at all. Fine for city folks who never venture out of town, not so fine
    >for others.


    Except the Sprint network is not "very limited".

    >For me personally, the increasing availability of free Wi-Fi makes
    >paying even $40 a month for unlimited 3G data a bad deal, especially on
    >a network as limited as Sprint's. I'd rather use pay as you go data as
    >part of a prepaid package like the $30/month package from PagePlus (1200
    >minutes/1200 messages/50MB of data) and just pay for any overages at
    >$0.60/MB. At least I get voice coverage at least equivalent to the
    >Verizon network.


    In other words, you have no real experience behind your bashing.
    Since you don't use it, it must be bad. QED.

    --
    John

    "Assumption is the mother of all screw ups."
    [Wethern’s Law of Suspended Judgement]
     
  11. George

    George Guest

    On 8/26/2010 12:26 AM, SMS wrote:
    > George wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    >> How about even better:
    >>
    >> http://comcast.cellmaps.com/viewer.html
    >>
    >> And you can see the marketing department had a lot of influence.
    >> Note that yellow is noted as "3G" on the map key which unless you
    >> hovered over it and got this popup telling you that it is really 1X:
    >>
    >> "Nationwide Preferred (4G/3G) and Nationwide (3G) subscribers can
    >> connect to the mobile internet network in these areas, but will not
    >> experience broadband speeds."

    >
    > That's an extremely misleading map. I've never seen the distinction used
    > between "3G Broadband" and "3G" before. That reminds me of the article
    > "Who stole the definition of 3G?" For a while Cingular was stating that
    > EDGE provides "3G capabilities," while not explicitly claiming that it
    > was 3G.
    >
    > Still, what's rather interesting, is that Comcast has apparently
    > arranged for data roaming off of the Sprint network (the gray area) at
    > extra cost. That's something you don't get with data (or voice for that
    > matter) from Virgin. If you only occasionally are outside Sprint areas
    > then paying for roaming isn't a big deal.


    I can't find any detail what it might cost.

    >
    > The issue with Virgin's service is that it's limited solely to Sprint's
    > network footprint, which is fine if you're not going outside of major
    > urban areas, but useless, even for voice, when you're in other areas
    > (essentially the gray areas on the Comcast map).
    >
    > A lot of Virgin subscribers to the voice service don't realize that
    > Virgin is not simply 'Sprint prepaid,' with all the roaming capability
    > of Sprint onto other CDMA networks. Virgin allows no roaming at all.
    > Once you leave the very limited Sprint service area you have no service
    > at all. Fine for city folks who never venture out of town, not so fine
    > for others.
    >
    > For me personally, the increasing availability of free Wi-Fi makes
    > paying even $40 a month for unlimited 3G data a bad deal, especially on
    > a network as limited as Sprint's. I'd rather use pay as you go data as
    > part of a prepaid package like the $30/month package from PagePlus (1200
    > minutes/1200 messages/50MB of data) and just pay for any overages at
    > $0.60/MB. At least I get voice coverage at least equivalent to the
    > Verizon network.


    Unfortunately the often touted "ubiquitous WiFi" isn't anywhere where I
    typically am and I do go to a lot of places. The best bang for the buck
    for me is the $30 data plan on my smartphone. 50 Mb just wouldn't work
    for me and I do have a very good clue about what uses data.
     
  12. George

    George Guest

    On 8/25/2010 12:34 PM, John Navas wrote:
    > On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 21:26:42 -0700, in
    > <4c754465$0$22180$742ec2ed@news.sonic.net>, SMS
    > <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:
    >
    >> The issue with Virgin's service is that it's limited solely to Sprint's
    >> network footprint, which is fine if you're not going outside of major
    >> urban areas, but useless, even for voice, when you're in other areas
    >> (essentially the gray areas on the Comcast map).
    >>
    >> A lot of Virgin subscribers to the voice service don't realize that
    >> Virgin is not simply 'Sprint prepaid,' with all the roaming capability
    >> of Sprint onto other CDMA networks. Virgin allows no roaming at all.
    >> Once you leave the very limited Sprint service area you have no service
    >> at all. Fine for city folks who never venture out of town, not so fine
    >> for others.

    >
    > Except the Sprint network is not "very limited".


    Except it is. Just look at the link to the map I posted.


    >
    >> For me personally, the increasing availability of free Wi-Fi makes
    >> paying even $40 a month for unlimited 3G data a bad deal, especially on
    >> a network as limited as Sprint's. I'd rather use pay as you go data as
    >> part of a prepaid package like the $30/month package from PagePlus (1200
    >> minutes/1200 messages/50MB of data) and just pay for any overages at
    >> $0.60/MB. At least I get voice coverage at least equivalent to the
    >> Verizon network.

    >
    > In other words, you have no real experience behind your bashing.
    > Since you don't use it, it must be bad. QED.
    >

    You do realize there are people here who actually know stuff right?
     
  13. John Navas

    John Navas Guest

    Re: Virgin Mobile to Begin Offering $40 Unlimited Prepaid 3G Broadband Service Tomorrow

    On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 21:26:42 -0700, in
    --------
    <4c754465$0$22180$742ec2ed@news.sonic.net>, SMS
    <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:

    >[SNIP]


    Somebody tell him his clock is off by 12 hours.

    (Why am I not surprised.)
     
  14. SMS

    SMS Guest

    George wrote:

    <snip>

    > How about even better:
    >
    > http://comcast.cellmaps.com/viewer.html
    >
    > And you can see the marketing department had a lot of influence.
    > Note that yellow is noted as "3G" on the map key which unless you
    > hovered over it and got this popup telling you that it is really 1X:
    >
    > "Nationwide Preferred (4G/3G) and Nationwide (3G) subscribers can
    > connect to the mobile internet network in these areas, but will not
    > experience broadband speeds."


    It's interesting to compare the maps for Verizon, Sprint Postpaid
    (including roaming), Virgin Mobile (no roaming), and Comcast (including
    roaming).

    "http://i33.tinypic.com/30xg6bm.jpg" is an area about 10 minutes out of
    Saratoga in the SF Bay Area.

    You can see the problem with Virgin Mobile. Even in areas just a few
    minute drive from an urban core, you can have no coverage because Sprint
    has no coverage. Sprint postpaid customers can roam onto Verizon.
    Comcast data customers can roam onto Verizon 3G, presumably at extra
    cost. But Virgin Mobile customers, both for voice and data, are out of luck.

    The Verizon map is interesting, because it shows a coverage gap in
    Castle Rock State Park, just SW of the intersection of 35 & 9. This gap
    wasn't there in the days of AMPS, and even now, depending on the
    handset, you can often get digital coverage in parts of that area. But
    the Sprint/Comcast maps show it as having complete roaming coverage on
    Verizon, which is untrue.

    This same situation is in existence across the country--stay in the
    strictly urban areas without venturing even a few miles outside the core
    and you'll have native Sprint coverage. Go outside those areas and you
    lose native Sprint coverage but it's no problem for Sprint postpaid
    customer who have free off-network roaming. It's a huge problem for
    Virgin Mobile customers with no roaming.
     
  15. George wrote:
    > On 8/24/2010 9:39 PM, John Navas wrote:
    >> On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 16:46:15 -0700, in
    >> <4c7459c8$0$22183$742ec2ed@news.sonic.net>, SMS
    >> <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>> George wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Comcast is pitching "Comcast 2 Go" 4G really heavily. I was at a
    >>>> location the other day and a buddy was interested so we were looking at
    >>>> the coverage map. No 4G within 130 miles of here and Sprint 3G and 1X
    >>>> are the fallback if you aren't in a 4G area. We couldn't believe
    >>>> Sprints
    >>>> coverage map both in (lack of) coverage and that most of the area
    >>>> around
    >>>> here is still 1X.
    >>>
    >>> And the map doesn't even show how poor the Sprint coverage (even 3G and
    >>> voice) often is. There are areas near me, not even up in the hills or
    >>> down in valleys, where Sprint's map shows coverage but there is actually
    >>> none (at least T-Mobile is honest and their map shows no coverage in
    >>> these areas). On the outskirts of town in, in the hills all the
    >>> carrier's maps other than Verizon show that they have no coverage (and
    >>> this is a source of a lot of complaints from those residents that want
    >>> or have iPhones!).

    >>
    >> Pro Verizon propaganda that's complete nonsense.
    >>

    > So you believe you are omniscient?


    Some are, some are not! You get to guess which!!
     
  16. SMS

    SMS Guest

    George wrote:
    > On 8/25/2010 12:34 PM, John Navas wrote:


    >> Except the Sprint network is not "very limited".

    >
    > Except it is. Just look at the link to the map I posted.


    It is best not to respond when he presents incorrect information, which
    unfortunately is most of the time.
     
  17. SMS

    SMS Guest

    George wrote:

    >> For me personally, the increasing availability of free Wi-Fi makes
    >> paying even $40 a month for unlimited 3G data a bad deal, especially on
    >> a network as limited as Sprint's. I'd rather use pay as you go data as
    >> part of a prepaid package like the $30/month package from PagePlus (1200
    >> minutes/1200 messages/50MB of data) and just pay for any overages at
    >> $0.60/MB. At least I get voice coverage at least equivalent to the
    >> Verizon network.

    >
    > Unfortunately the often touted "ubiquitous WiFi" isn't anywhere where I
    > typically am and I do go to a lot of places. The best bang for the buck
    > for me is the $30 data plan on my smartphone. 50 Mb just wouldn't work
    > for me and I do have a very good clue about what uses data.


    Yep, that's why I qualified my response with "for me personally." I
    don't want to claim that my own usage model is the same as everyone
    else's. I have Wi-Fi at work. I have Wi-Fi at home. Every customer I
    visit has a guest Wi-Fi network. Every hotel I stay at on business has
    free Wi-Fi because I won't stay at one that doesn't. The places I go
    that I don't have Wi-Fi aren't going to be helped by a 3G data plan
    because they don't have 3G coverage. On the occasions I need 3G I don't
    hesitate to use it, but OTOH I don't stream Pandora in the car or
    download videos over 3G, things I might do with unlimited 3G, though
    probably not.
     
  18. John Navas

    John Navas Guest

    Re: Virgin Mobile to Begin Offering $40 Unlimited Prepaid 3G Broadband Service Tomorrow

    On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 10:13:17 -0700, in
    <4c754f53$0$22108$742ec2ed@news.sonic.net>, SMS
    <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:

    >George wrote:
    >
    ><snip>
    >
    >> How about even better:
    >>
    >> http://comcast.cellmaps.com/viewer.html
    >>
    >> And you can see the marketing department had a lot of influence.
    >> Note that yellow is noted as "3G" on the map key which unless you
    >> hovered over it and got this popup telling you that it is really 1X:
    >>
    >> "Nationwide Preferred (4G/3G) and Nationwide (3G) subscribers can
    >> connect to the mobile internet network in these areas, but will not
    >> experience broadband speeds."

    >
    >It's interesting to compare the maps for Verizon, Sprint Postpaid
    >(including roaming), Virgin Mobile (no roaming), and Comcast (including
    >roaming).
    >
    >"http://i33.tinypic.com/30xg6bm.jpg" is an area about 10 minutes out of
    >Saratoga in the SF Bay Area.
    >
    >You can see the problem with Virgin Mobile. Even in areas just a few
    >minute drive from an urban core, you can have no coverage because Sprint
    >has no coverage. Sprint postpaid customers can roam onto Verizon.
    >Comcast data customers can roam onto Verizon 3G, presumably at extra
    >cost. But Virgin Mobile customers, both for voice and data, are out of luck.
    >
    >The Verizon map is interesting, because it shows a coverage gap in
    >Castle Rock State Park, just SW of the intersection of 35 & 9. This gap
    >wasn't there in the days of AMPS, and even now, depending on the
    >handset, you can often get digital coverage in parts of that area. But
    >the Sprint/Comcast maps show it as having complete roaming coverage on
    >Verizon, which is untrue.
    >
    >This same situation is in existence across the country--stay in the
    >strictly urban areas without venturing even a few miles outside the core
    >and you'll have native Sprint coverage. Go outside those areas and you
    >lose native Sprint coverage but it's no problem for Sprint postpaid
    >customer who have free off-network roaming. It's a huge problem for
    >Virgin Mobile customers with no roaming.


    For many (most?) of them It's actually not a problem at all.

    Congratulations of getting your clock fixed.
     
  19. John Navas

    John Navas Guest

    Re: Virgin Mobile to Begin Offering $40 Unlimited Prepaid 3G Broadband Service Tomorrow

    On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 11:03:55 -0700, in
    <4c755b33$0$22106$742ec2ed@news.sonic.net>, SMS
    <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:

    >George wrote:
    >> On 8/25/2010 12:34 PM, John Navas wrote:

    >
    >>> Except the Sprint network is not "very limited".

    >>
    >> Except it is. Just look at the link to the map I posted.

    >
    >It is best not to respond when he presents incorrect information, which
    >unfortunately is most of the time.


    True, if by "he" you're referring to yourself.
    Like your recent gaffe on USB, which I pointed out,
    and you then scrambled to cover.

    --
    John

    "Assumption is the mother of all screw ups."
    [Wethern’s Law of Suspended Judgement]
     
  20. John Navas

    John Navas Guest

    Re: Virgin Mobile to Begin Offering $40 Unlimited Prepaid 3G Broadband Service Tomorrow

    On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 11:43:28 -0700, in
    <4c756478$0$22117$742ec2ed@news.sonic.net>, SMS
    <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:

    >George wrote:
    >
    >>> For me personally, the increasing availability of free Wi-Fi makes
    >>> paying even $40 a month for unlimited 3G data a bad deal, especially on
    >>> a network as limited as Sprint's. I'd rather use pay as you go data as
    >>> part of a prepaid package like the $30/month package from PagePlus (1200
    >>> minutes/1200 messages/50MB of data) and just pay for any overages at
    >>> $0.60/MB. At least I get voice coverage at least equivalent to the
    >>> Verizon network.

    >>
    >> Unfortunately the often touted "ubiquitous WiFi" isn't anywhere where I
    >> typically am and I do go to a lot of places. The best bang for the buck
    >> for me is the $30 data plan on my smartphone. 50 Mb just wouldn't work
    >> for me and I do have a very good clue about what uses data.

    >
    >Yep, that's why I qualified my response with "for me personally." I
    >don't want to claim that my own usage model is the same as everyone
    >else's.


    Yet you do just that all the time. Something doesn't add up. ;)

    >I have Wi-Fi at work. I have Wi-Fi at home. Every customer I
    >visit has a guest Wi-Fi network. Every hotel I stay at on business has
    >free Wi-Fi because I won't stay at one that doesn't. The places I go
    >that I don't have Wi-Fi aren't going to be helped by a 3G data plan
    >because they don't have 3G coverage. On the occasions I need 3G I don't
    >hesitate to use it, but OTOH I don't stream Pandora in the car or
    >download videos over 3G, things I might do with unlimited 3G, though
    >probably not.


    In other words, your comments are based on no real experience,
    much less any real expertise.

    --
    John

    "Assumption is the mother of all screw ups."
    [Wethern’s Law of Suspended Judgement]
     

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.


Forgot your password?