1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

VX9900 is defective

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by ost1az, Mar 28, 2007.

1. ost1az

ost1az New Member

Has anyone else had problems with the charging system on the VX9900? I'm already on my second phone after breaking the connector on the first phone. It's almost impossible to keep the connector in to charge the phone.

Also the phone will show the batterie's fully charged until it's dead. The phone will still say it's charging long after it should be fully charged. The phone turns on while you're wiggling the charging connector trying to get it to stay in the phone.

How do I get LG to recall this phone? What's a good replacement for this phone?

› See More: VX9900 is defective
  2. bossdragon

bossdragon Daderator

Hmmmm....never heard of this problem until now. Mine works fine, and I haven't had any kind of problem with the charging system. Take it back to Verizon and have them look into it and/or possibly replacing it.

3. ost1az

ost1az New Member

I've already returned it once becuase I broke the charger jack trying to get the plug to stay in. Now the second phone is acting up. It wouldn't power on yesterday. I was halfway to the store to return it when it powered on. I turned around to give it another chance only to have it act up while I was trying to charge it up last night. It wouldn't power back on again today. Once I finally got it to power on, I decided to see if I could just go without powering it off. That didn't work either. The moment I plugged it into the charger it shut off and now I can't get it to power back on or charge. Hopefully they'll take this second one back this weekend and my third one will be more dependable.

4. bossdragon

bossdragon Daderator

Wow....you must either not know how to plug the charger in correctly, or, you are very rough with the phone. I have never had an issue with my 9900 nor before that with any phone for that matter.

5. ost1az

ost1az New Member

This is the first phone I've had with a tiny pin port that doesn't securely fit into the phone. I've been very gentle with my second phone. Carefully pushing the plug into the port just until it registers that it's charging. Then I set down the phone on the counter and to my surprise the plug pops out of the port, it's enough to make someone want to shove the plug into the port (unless they learned their lesson on the first one) Another issue is plugging in the charger to the phone and getting no response, agian with my first phone I would have assumed I didn't have the plug in far enough, but with my second one I just have to assume the model is defective and give up trying. I thought maybe if I just leave the phone pwered on, I won't have to worry about it not powering up, but the phone turns black the minute the jack is plugged into the port and the phone won't turn back on again for several hours. I have to assume that since I'm experiencing problems with my second phone, maybe there is a problem with the battery or the charger. Otherwise I have to assume that the model is defective. I think the only reason there aren't any complaints about this in the forum is that people aren't aware this forum exists.

6. bossdragon

bossdragon Daderator

Tiny Pin Port...what are you talking about? The charging port on the bottom is massive, and the charging plug is flat and over a 1/4" wide. Are you sure you have a LG VX9900 (enV)?

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?