1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

vx9900 or the vx10000 (FYI Long Post)

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by deansgurl81702, Nov 29, 2007.

1. deansgurl81702

deansgurl81702 New Member

Okay so I've been looking at the enV and Voyager as my new phone and intend on getting one of the other within the next week. Trouble is, I'm not sure which to get. I've read and watched reviews for the past 2 weeks but I've still been stuck b/t the two. I like what both phones have compared to the other. So I was wondering if I can get some help finally choosing one over the other.

Any one who owns one or both or have owned one and switched to the other I'd love to have your input on what was good and what wasn't about the phone. I'll just put down the general questions I ask before getting a new phone which a lot of reviewers don't even talk or write about.

1. If the phone has been victim of an "oops" moment (bump off of desk or butterfinger drops it) is it still fine and dandy or is it immediately time to go and get if fixed or replaced?

2. Call quality. It is a phone first and foremost but does it sound like it?

3. Picture quality. My cell is the first thing I reach for during pic worthy moments will either of these phones take good enough pics you'd be happy to show off.

Anything is appreciated greatly :D

› See More: vx9900 or the vx10000 (FYI Long Post)
  2. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

Why get an older phone? :)

3. deansgurl81702

lol that's what I ask myself when I started looking at the smaller displays. But the enV looks like it'd last me a bit longer then again I dunno the voyager isn't like a frail little flimsy thing like a RZR either.

4. tec2030

tec2030 New Member

I had a Green enV (VX 9900) for 3 weeks, and it is an improvement over the The V (VX 9800) that I had before, but I switched over to the Voyager (VX 10000) before my trial period on the the enV was up and I like it much better than all that I've had before it. You really should go for the Voyager, but if you want a slightly smaller phone with physical keys (instead of the touch screen) then go with the enV (which is a great phone if you don't like touch screen phones).

5. deansgurl81702

Cool thanks for the advice all. I spoke with a few co-workers and went to a verizon store near us and was looking at the enV and Voyager together. I like that the Voyager is bigger keyboard. I'm gonng order the Voyager monday :thumbsup:

6. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

sweet, did you get it ?

7. twitch77

twitch77 New Member

yeah, i too have just ordered the voyager.

i've never owned an env before, but my friend has one, and he loves the lil thing. . .i've veiwed alot of photos he's taken with the phone, and for being a camera phone, it pumps out some pretty dang good shots.
    he's dropped it a time or 2, and he's never had to have it repaired.

from the little i've played around with the env, i didn't really like it so much. sure it's a nice phone (good call quality, and the speaker phone works really well. . .my friend uses it alot, and it works well), etc. etc. . .but i don't like that it doesn't have better web capabilities (as far as i'm aware, the env only has mobile web 2.0, and it doesn't have an html browser). . .i also didn't like that the verizon operating system, really wasn't much different from my cheap 2 year old phone (that i paid 50 bucks for). . .i don't know, i was just expecting more from it, but when my friend got it. . .it just didn't do tons to get me excited about it.

the voyager sold me with the full html web browser. . .plus the verizon operating system on the voyager may be practily the same as the env. . .but at least they upgraded the looks, and feel of it, so it's flashier, and just looks funner to use.

if you have the money, i'd go with the voyager. the env, and voyager are both great phones. . .but the voyager just offers so much more then the env.

hehe, and i hear you on being worried about how delicate the phone is. you should see my old motorola phone i was using (it finaly broke after almost 2 years). . .it was all scratched up, and dinged up. . .i lost count at how many times my phone decided to jump out of my hands, to give the pavement a high five. . .lol :p .
    i'm convinced that i'll be much more carefull with the voyager though. i got my motorola as my first cell phone, and it was a really cheap phone. . .but now that i've got such an expensive phone, i hope i'll treat it as such.

lol. . .sorry for the long reply (and you thought your post was long! hehe).
    hope you let use know what you get, and how you like it.
    thnx.

8. deansgurl81702

I decided to go with the enV for the time being. It's more of a money thing I just don't see me paying $300 for a phone I'll probably change in after a year. My hubby and I talked it over and if I really want it I can get it in Feb when the taxes come back. That is....if I dare let go my my enV which I'm so addicted to :D

9. twitch77

twitch77 New Member

heh i hear you on the moola thing, lucky for me "santa" pitched in on my voyager :D . costed me 200 (luv ya santa!).

anyhow, i just recieved it today. . .you soooo should reconsider it! lol
    it's the most amazing lil handhelp i've ever played around with (i've never seen a iphone in person, nor an ipod touch. . .but i've played around with quite a few nice phones from my friends, and i've played around with lots of different pda's/pocket pc's.)
    i love this phone (finaly recieved it today). . .the web browsing is awesome (i've never had wi-fi, so i've never got on the net with a pocket pc). . .i've gone to tons of my favorite sites, just to see if they're supported with the phone. . .and all the sites i've gone to so far work :) it's going to be great being able to do my blog on my phone.
    the touchscreen is so dam fun to use (though i'm sure in a week or 2, this buzz will die down. . .but even then, i think i'll really enjoy the touch screen). . .like everyone says, the little vibration when you press the screen, really makes things more natural.

now i don't get vcast in my area (which sucks. . .lol if i go 30 miles away, to the next town. . .i get it there, but not here :flamemad: ), so i can't tell you my thoughts on vcast (i'd so love to try out vcast tv).
    it's got an e-mail thing too. . .it was super easy for me to set it up with my hotmail account, and now when i get e-mails, my phone lets me know. it's really a cool little feature, that i'll really get alot of use out of.

i'm so putting my foot in my mouth here:
    i'd be amazed if verizon can come out with something better then the voyager within the next year. . .
    aka, i'm willing to bet if you ended up picking it up, you'd keep it for awhile. (and even if verizon did come out with something better in the next year. . .i really can't see myself wanting to upgrade this amazing phone for quite some time).

anyhow, enough blabbing. . .hehe i'm just super stoked about this phone. i was using a cheap phone before this for nearly 2 years. . .and this thing just blows me away.

take care.
    thnx.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?