1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

VX9900 Trouble...VW Locking their phones???

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by ScoJoh, Jul 20, 2007.

1. ScoJoh

ScoJoh New Member

Has anyone recently (like within the past few weeks) purchased the LG VX9900 and had any luck getting access to the data on the phone? I got the EnV Orange, and want to put my own ringtones on it. I've got it connected to my computer via BlueTooth. Using BitPim 1.0 I've connected to the phone and can look at the file systems and see everything on it. However whenever I try to download or upload anything I get this error message:
    "Access to the/directory had been blocked on this phone by the phone provider."

I've seen posts from other VX9900 users and they seem to be able to upload their own ringtones, wallpaper, etc, but I can't do a blasted thing. It's utterly frustrating, does anyone know a way around this, and can it truly be that VW is now locking their phones so you have to go through them to get anything??????

Any help or assistance would be great! Thanks!!!!!!

ScoJoh - Frustrated Verizon Wireless user...

› See More: VX9900 Trouble...VW Locking their phones???
  2. X-AMP

X-AMP New Member

3. lancekik

lancekik New Member

you need the new test version of bitpim, they fixed the block:cool:

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?