1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Want to get new phone, need help...

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by airee85, Aug 30, 2005.

1. airee85

airee85 New Member

So I've had my LG VX6000 camera phone for a little under a year and a half now on my Verizon 2 year contract (yes, yes, I know about new every 2). It's nice and stuff, but it just seems to be getting old outdated and deteriorating (I've had lots of accidental drops and what not) and I just want to get a new phone. I've been reading so many reviews for different new Verizon phones, but it seems they always contradict one another and my head is spinning. All I basically want is a good phone with a courteous battery length, speaker phone (if possible...), has a camera, gets great signal, and looks spiffy. My eyes are drawn to the LG VX8100, but I've read a few complaints about it. I really don't want to spend TOO much over $250 either, I know that really limits me, but I'm just wondering if anyone can give me advice. What are the best Verizon phones right now that are affordable?

-Eric

› See More: Want to get new phone, need help...
  2. jeaniesing

jeaniesing New Member

All I can tel you is that a friend has the LG of which you speak and we wre amazed that the ringers and speakerphone are much quieter than my Motorola e815 :)

3. jlp

jlp New Member

I have a LG VX8000 and really love it. My wife had a Motorola V710 and the picture quality on it was not near as good as the LG. Not really sure about the newer Motorola phones on pic quality. You should probably just go to the local store and do a side by side comparison by taking pics and what not.

4. ErikDaGenErik

ErikDaGenErik Verizon Advisor

if you're worried about your phone getting outdated just get a Vcast phone. the 8000 is a good phone. so is the E815, LG 8100, samsung 890. if you're going to pay full retail price look at the 815 and 8100. last time i looked they're $300 and under now. the new samsung is coming out soon. i think its the 970? we haven't got the demo in our store, but we have the dummy display and its pretty cool (compared to the cheaply made samsung 610). the mega pixel on the new samsung is 2.0 mp. i doubt its going to be around $250. g'luck though.

5. VZWVX8100

VZWVX8100 New Member

yeah if you are paying retail look at the 8000 or 8100 both very good phones

6. tschwab

tschwab New Member

I'm likin my new e815, great signal strength, great speakerphone, Bluetooth, nice camera and no issues with the battery life. Vcast which I don't currently have, but may add in the future. I like Moto's & Samsung. Brother has LG and has bad reception and the call quality is horrible, sounds all choppy and distorted and this is in the same places I have great reception and call quality. NO lg's 4me.

7. bossdragon

bossdragon Daderator

There is no doubt that Moto has the best reception (IMHO). Build wise though, I would have to go with LG. Over all phone (build, screens, ease of use, etc) I would once again have to go with an LG.

Also, LG has released the buttons on the front of the new 8100, making them capable of being used as an MP3 player (you can put mp3's on the memory card and access them from the front now)

Myself I am actually waiting on the new CDMA Razr.

8. ErikDaGenErik

ErikDaGenErik Verizon Advisor

Yes. I agree with boss. I would stick with LG. I have had LG's for 4+ years before I got my 710, and for being an experienced phone user, it took me quite a while to get used to Motorola. I noticed that a lot of my customers who have had Motorola in the past, prefer to stay Motorola. The different sound modes (Loud, Soft, Vibrate, Vibe&Loud, Silent), with there _____ detail was enough to irritate me at first. One thing I do like on the Motorolas however is the word completion in text messaing.

Read my thread... http://cellphoneforums.net/t187712.html on my opinion on picture msg quality.

9. Tony E!

Tony E! \/\/ireless/\dvisor

Yes i hear we're all (Mods) getting CDMA Razrs from John at the end of the year... ;) :laugh:

10. civic2004

civic2004 New Member

ill be getting one of those bad boys too. I like motorola as well. I had the lg6000 for a year and a half and droped calls ALL THE TIME. But since i have switched to the moto v710 i hardly drop calls. Hopefully the RAZR V3 will be the same way

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?