1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

**WARNING** LG VX-8800 Venus Video Recording (Clicking noise instead of audio)

Discussion in 'LG' started by AhrenBa, Oct 2, 2008.

1. AhrenBa

AhrenBa New Member

Hey Everyone,

Just thought I'd let you know something that I found, as it was VERY frustrating for me.

I bought the LG Venus about 4 days ago. I personalized my phone, and just recently took some video with it. Upon reviewing the video I was shocked to find out that the audio did not get recorded, but instead there was just a clicking (like a chipmunk) on ALL the videos.

I messed around with it for hours, and got the video to record the audio by pressing volume up directly before recording. That was the only way I found out how and that was pretty janky. Even then, the audio still had skipping problems.

I got fed up and went to the Verizon store. The clerk said that they had never seen the problem before on any phone. They then did a phone firmware upgrade/restore. That DIDN'T fix the problem.

So, they gave me a new Venus. I checked it out and it appeared to be working find (the video). I changed my personalization settings back to what I wanted, and boom, there was the clicking again. UGH!

I went back in the store. We then replicated the settings on the display model of the phone and tried it. Boom....it had clicking also, no audio.

I took steps backwards and narrowed down the settings culprit. After messing around, I FINALLY found the problem.

When the user has "Vibrate Only" enabled using the volume rocker AND the "Touch Keypad Sounds" is turned to off, this combination causes the video to have the clicking.

So, the SOLUTION to this problem is to just leave "Touch Keypad Sounds" on. It may be annoying, but it's the only known fix for that settings combination.

So, in conclusion, this is most definitely a software bug on the VX-8800 Venus. We replicated the problem on three different models.

Sorry for that incredible long post, but I just wanted to let you guys know in case anyone else is having this problem.

The Verizon guy made a note to the manufacturer.

If anyone has any questions, just ask. I'll try to clarify. :)

› See More: **WARNING** LG VX-8800 Venus Video Recording (Clicking noise instead of audio)
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2008

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?