1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Info Welcome to the Alltel Forum

Discussion in 'Alltel' started by agentHibby, Jul 14, 2005.

1. anakin41

anakin41 New Member

what about southwest ohio

› See More: Welcome to the Alltel Forum
  2. agentHibby

agentHibby New Member

Ohio was the first market that Alltel launch EV-DO.

No licenses in SW Ohio at this time so no network.
    Since Alltel is not going to be getting more airwaves in the next auction that means the only way they can get into SW Ohio is Alltel buys airwaves from somebody or buyout Cricket.

3. bigdaddyek82

bigdaddyek82 New Member

Mr. Alltel

Im am new to this forum but I notice the moderator of the Alltel forum is a Verizon customer. Whats up with that?

4. agentHibby

agentHibby New Member

Well I know of thing or two about Alltel, but would like to have someone moderate that is an Alltel customer someday.
    Alltel does not sell wireless service in Northern Utah so I can't a plan.

5. gsuhunie8686

gsuhunie8686 New Member

I currently am an alltel customer (have been for a few years) and I am also an alltel agent. I have loved them since day one. The only issue I ever get from customers is billing issues. Customers tend to rack up high bills easily with Alltel; however, alltel is usually quick to credit people's bills..

6. sastone75

sastone75 New Member

Hi to all I am an alltel employee I have been for years...I am willing to help those out who need it. Since I do help train the employees and tech's I feel pretty confident to answer many of your questions and if I don't know the answer I will help you find it. :) that is my motto since I am in customer service and help teach.

1 person likes this.
  7. bigdaddyek82

bigdaddyek82 New Member

Hey Sastone75 which location do you work im in Tampa center. Employee for a while now

8. kksoren

kksoren New Member

I'm new at this please have patience

I was wondering if anyone knew when alltel was going to start selling the new motorola pebble? i live in northeast louisiana and i really want to buy one.
    Thanks, kk:) :)

9. sastone75

sastone75 New Member

They have not heard that they will be recieving any so it will be a good while IF we get it. It has to be done in a CDMA version first...

10. sastone75

sastone75 New Member

I just asked someone else in alltel they were hoping around the fall or winter but weren't even sure they'd get it. I was told we wouldn't but it wont' be any time soon.

11. taeray2002

taeray2002 New Member

I have a question, I have a LG VX7000 that was from a Verizon dealer. The phone was given to me when he upgraded and had no more use to it. I was curious how to make the switch from network to network. I have 2 lines now, one prepaid LG VX3200, and my reg. line E815, and want to replace the LG with this. Any help would be great!

12. brownsugar10

brownsugar10 New Member

i cant go on the internet on my phone to download ringtones

13. agentHibby

agentHibby New Member

It would probably will work if Alltel will let you do that. It probably can't be flashed to Alltel software becuase the phone (I don't think) was ever offered by Alltel. Since the phone is unlocked Alltel should not have any problems resetting PRL and other settings if they will let you do that. You may have problems with Mobile Web and downloading things like games ringtones ect.

If you want 2 providers on the same phone one would be stored in NAM1 and the other would be stored in NAM2

Last edited: Aug 18, 2006
  14. Ironwalt

Ironwalt New Member

Hello everyone! I have been with Alltel for about 10 years and would not want service from anyone else. I see a few name on here from another forum I hang out at. Well it's good to be here. I hope that I will be able to help out.

15. xSprint

xSprint New Member

Hey all! I'm new around here and new to Alltel. I am having a hard time getting used to it since I was a Sprint customer for 7 years and an employee for 2. Still have a Treo 650 from Sprint. Is is it relatively safe to program it to work with alltel?

Thanks for any advise!

xSprint

16. Ironwalt

Ironwalt New Member

You may find someone to flash Alltel's s/w on it but it could turn your 650 into a paper weight.

17. jhamps10

jhamps10 New Member

hello everyone, I don't have alltel service YET.... key word there is yet, they have bought out our local cell phone company in southern Illinois. from what I have seen though is that Alltel is a good company. I will enjoy this site.

18. ta206

ta206 New Member

I just wanted to say that I have been an Alltel customer for several years in Central Ohio - love it. Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a replacement phone for my Motorola V262 - in a very rural area and friends say I need a phone that is analog/digital for reception and some phones are digital only and don't work as well.
    Appreciate any input as I would probably pick the wrong phone on looks alone.

19. lild91

lild91 New Member

Is there a way that Alltel can work in philadelphia like can i get a local philadelphia number?

20. agentHibby

agentHibby New Member

Alltel does not have a network in Philadelphia they have not had a wireless network in the state of Pennsylvania since 2000 (they sold the network to Verizon in a big license swap deal). In the northeast they cover just 1 market and that is in the northwest corner of Connecticut and that is it. Alltel covers parts of West Virgina and Virginia. That is going to be the closest you are going to get for a local number.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?