1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

What can I do next???

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by txuh, Apr 18, 2005.

1. txuh

txuh New Member

I have been with Verizon for about four years never had a problem with my service until recently.

I live about 5 mins from Houston Downtown where I have had great service and to add I live between to major freeways where I would guess service should be great. I have a Motorola v265 and my wife has a LG vx3200 and about a month ago we start having dropped calls and my phone starts going on analog. This is about a half mile radius from where I live. I have called and opened five tickets because they keep telling me that my problem is fixed. I have checked and exchanged my phone and still the same problem. When I call about my problems I keep getting different reasons and stories as to why I am having this problem.

I have friends who have sprint and T-mobile and they get excellent reception in and around my house. My next step is to cancel, but I don't feel that I should pay the cancellation fee if my service went bad and they can't fix it.

Can anybody give me some advice or any suggestions....

› See More: What can I do next???
  2. agentHibby

agentHibby New Member

So you have filed 5 trouble tickets! :'(
    It looks like when Verizon reengeneer the network for Cellular/PCS network is probably the problem. It created a hole for you :(
    You might want to get -db readings outside (Verizon does not do coverage inside most homes and building) If it is like -98db to -105db outside then that is a bad signal if it is -90db to -95db that is a ok signal. -80db is good signal. -50db strong signal.

So did the "Can hear me now!" guy call you to tell you it is fixed??

If the network in your home does go poor Verizon will let you go without $175 Early Termination Fee.

If you need anymore help send me a private message.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2005
  3. JoeM

JoeM New Member

when you say -98db is that the same as the Rx Power?

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?