1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

What do the symbols mean?

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by Markchip7, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Markchip7

Markchip7 New Member

Bought a Motorola V-750 recently with push to talk service.

Verizon states that their push to talk service works in those areas both with EV-DO Rev. A service where it works the best, but that it will also work with just 1-X RTT service also, albeit at lower speeds. They also state in their web site that push to talk service will work in their broadband coverage area and their "Enhanced Services" Area.

So, what do the signals in the phone mean? When the EV-DO signal is present, does that indicate broadband service and hence push to talk is available, but when just the 1X-RTT signal is present does that mean that broadband is unaivalable, but I'm still in the Enhanced Service Area and hence the push to talk will still work? In my experience, the push to talk WILL work with either signal present, but I can't get it clear in my mind what each signal actually represents as far what services are actually available with each of these signals.

› See More: What do the symbols mean?

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?