1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

What is 1x means on my phone?

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by megotravel, Dec 11, 2006.

1. megotravel

megotravel New Member

I have a LG VX4400. The reception is terrible and it always shows 1-2 bars with 1x next to it. What does it mean? I get dropped calls and can't make call in my house. I had a Motorola E815 originally and changed to a LG VX4400 because my work won't allow camera phone. The reception is worst than before:flamemad: . I only had the contract for couple months. Anyway to get this work:(

› See More: What is 1x means on my phone?

2. jeaniesing

jeaniesing New Member

1x means a digital signal - which means you should be capable of sending pix and txt messages. In weak signal areas the motorolas are supposed to be among the best at picking up tower.... "EV-DO" is the type of sgnal that allows you to send video and stream video. Some ohone show an "A" for analog signal.

As for the reception - I get 2 bars and a 1x at home but cannot complete a call because it is reflected signal... kinda a phantom signal. if you are at home and loooking to boost things there are several signal booster antenna options available including a wireless one that you mount on the roof. Increase Your Bars! Buy the World’s Best Performing Signal Boosters and Antennas will get you started.

beyond that, you can always call up verizon and offer your back yard for a new tower?

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?