1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

What phone to get in september?

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by Chaosbringer, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Chaosbringer

Chaosbringer New Member

My upgrade is finally coming up but I don't particularly care for any of the phones available right now. My contract ends in January so I was debating if I should bother upgrading my phone and then switch over to AT&T, or if there actually is a good phone available that I should upgrade to now?

I want something with a 1.5 dual core processor, at the moment it seems like the only one available is the Samsung Galaxy whatever. My current phone is the original HTC Incredible.

Any other recommendations? Are there any new phones anyone knows about that might be coming out soon for verizon that would be worth upgrading to and sticking with verizon for?

Before anyone links the "verizon's phones" page, I've already looked through that. I'd like to get opinions on what's good right now, and if there's something much better coming out.

› See More: What phone to get in september?
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2012

2. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

Motorola is supposedly coming out with the Razr HD, which is rumored to have a dual 1.5 cpu:

razrhd-11399475.jpg

Not sure exactly when it will come out yet, but I'm guessing within the next month is there are pics like the above available.

Honestly, AT&T doesn't have any phones that are better than what Verizon has right now. Not to mention Verizon has better 4g coverage. I can say this first hand because I have two Galaxy S3 phones right next to me, one AT&T and one Verizon. While the AT&T phone says it has "4g", it's actually just HSPA+, (I'm not getting an AT&T 4g LTE signal) where the Verizon phone has true 4g and data speeds are much faster. Results may vary in your area. I'm near Philadelphia.
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2012

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?