1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

whats the point of using the voyager as a modem?

Discussion in 'LG Voyager' started by kainobean, Oct 4, 2008.

1. kainobean

kainobean New Member

ok so you all might know you can connect your phone to your computer useing the modem on the bluetooth or something like this... well i have to ask whats the point of doing this?? since it makes your computer take internet though the phones internet and thast just stupidly slow... if it was the other way around i would like this get ot have free internet on my phonebut thats not that case so now i ask whats the point?? and would i get charged the 1.99 fee for useing this modem thingy??

› See More: whats the point of using the voyager as a modem?
  2. camstuf

camstuf /\/\s.Super/\/\odette

Re: whats the point of this??

The point is...
    Like when IKE devistated Texas last month,
    I Tethered as my link to the world for two weeks, while charging the phone and laptop with the car.
    The phone has Sprints unlimited Data plan (a must for tethering) and BT via Sprints EVDO (not stupidly slow)
    Don't leave home with out it.:thumbsup:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2008
  3. kainobean

kainobean New Member

oh i see... so basicly if you go somewere with out internet but you have phone service then you can still get internet?? i guess thats good but its not something for me or atlest at the moment... well im glad it came in handy for you...

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?