1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Which cables are best?

Discussion in 'FIOS TV' started by someoneelse, May 6, 2014.

1. someoneelse

someoneelse New Member

Basic question: when connecting a FIOS box to a HD TV set, which are the best cables to use? Hdmi, component (green, red, blue, and 2 whites), or something else?

Does it matter?

› See More: Which cables are best?
  2. Baylyn

Baylyn New Member

I think HMDI will give you the best picture. My understanding is that even if you have an HDTV and an HD-ready device, if you don't connect the two with an HDMI cable via the HDMI ports, you're still not going to get high def output.

3. Fidgety

Fidgety New Member

I agree with Baylyn; I think you should connect the FIOS box to the TV via HDMI cables. I'm all about HDMI now so whenever that's an option for me, that's the option I take.

4. someoneelse

someoneelse New Member

Thanks. That's what I did. I used HDMI. But I thought to ask because that was not what the Fios box came with.

5. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, all HD boxes come with HDMI ports, and I haven't heard of a new TV that doesn't have HDMI ports. I would just stick with that.

6. Charlie

Charlie New Member

I think a lot of times devices that can output in HD don't come with HD cables because they are still considered the "premium" option. "Oh yeah, we'll give you an HD ready box, but if you want to stream in HD, you'll have to spring for the cables on your own." -- That sort of thing.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?