1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Which phone can sync to my mac without a data plan?

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by highnote, Nov 19, 2010.

1. highnote

highnote New Member

I need to get a new verizon phone, but I do not want to have any data package.
    I DO want to be able to sync my phone with my iCal and contact book on my mac.
    I can do the sync manually (usb) or bluetooth.

I cannot get a smartphone because they require a data plan. So please do not suggest a droid, blackberry, etc.

I do need the phone to have a keyboard, so I can edit/add contacts and appointments on the phone itself.

Which phone(s) would be able to do the things I need?
    If I need to purchase third-party software to make the sync possible, which software?

› See More: Which phone can sync to my mac without a data plan?
  2. cybiko123

cybiko123 Active Member

Get a cheap LG or Samsung phone that doesn't require a data plan (doesn't really matter which phone, go with what you like; I happen to like the LG Cosmos). If it doesn't come with one, get the appropriate data cable on Amazon. Download BitPim and set it up.

You now have calendar sync (along with many other features) without a data plan.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?