1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Wierd: need help registering a new device on an account I won through a contest

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by diddlywink, Aug 21, 2011.

1. diddlywink

diddlywink New Member

So, the story is a long one but goes something like this:
    Verizon Wireless sponsored a contest for an unsigned band to appear on V-Cast. Our band won and one of the prizes was free cell phones and plans, but the time period was always left pretty vague to us. Well, its been 5 years now, Ive never paid a phone bill and I still have the same crappy Samsung flip-phone but it hardly works at all now.

I would like to activate another phone however I am only an "Account Member" not "Owner" of this number so I am unable to do this online. The thing is, the contest was horribly organized and we had to fight for 2 months to even get our phones. They never received any information from us when we picked them up at the local store, and then we never heard from them again.

I'm worried that if I call Verizon they will (A) have no idea what I'm talking about, as even directly after the contest it took 5 calls to marketing to find someone who was aware of the contest.... or (B) they will just tell me that our "time is up" and shut off my number.

Is there any way I could keep this going and activate a new phone without having to call corporate (its a company line) and explain my unbelievable story and risk losing my free service?

› See More: Wierd: need help registering a new device on an account I won through a contest
  2. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

hrm, that's a tough one. Do you get a monthly statement at all?

It sounds like your free service may be coming to an end. The plan they put you on probably doesn't exist anymore, and any new action taken on the phone line will require an upgrade and new contract.

Since most newer phones require a data plan, and if you want one of those new phones, you're going to have to pay for a data plan regardless.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?