1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

will verizon ever use this feature...

Discussion in 'alt.cellular.verizon' started by Brian S., Nov 8, 2003.

  1. Larry W4CSC <nospam@home.com> wrote:
    > This Troll has expired....


    "I don't have an answer, so I'll ignore the question."

    --
    JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services
    22674 Motnocab Road * Apple Valley, CA 92307-1950
    Steve Sobol, Proprietor
    888.480.4NET (4638) * 248.724.4NET * sjsobol@JustThe.net



    › See More: will verizon ever use this feature...
  2. Quick

    Quick Guest

    "Larry W4CSC" <nospam@home.com> wrote
    > This Troll has expired....


    He does have a point Larry. You are recommending Nextel
    for someone if they are in coverage. You say VZW stinks.
    But you have VZW and say its because of the coverage.
    VZW's coverage is its main attribute and confirmed by lots
    of users (yourself included). So you should probably change
    your rant to "They all suck for some reason or other but
    VZW sucks least for you". Hows that?

    -Quick
  3. Quick <dhorwitz@nospamcisco.com> wrote:

    > "Larry W4CSC" <nospam@home.com> wrote
    >> This Troll has expired....

    >
    > He does have a point Larry. You are recommending Nextel
    > for someone if they are in coverage. You say VZW stinks.
    > But you have VZW and say its because of the coverage.
    > VZW's coverage is its main attribute and confirmed by lots
    > of users (yourself included). So you should probably change
    > your rant to "They all suck for some reason or other but
    > VZW sucks least for you". Hows that?


    Well, that is essentially what Larry's been saying over the years. That's
    not the issue. The issue (again) is that he has nothing bad to say about
    Nextel, which would imply that he likes Nextel best (or hates them least).

    Although I did finally find the answer I was looking for in another post,
    I'm disappointed that he didn't just come out and answer me. Says a lot...

    --
    JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services
    22674 Motnocab Road * Apple Valley, CA 92307-1950
    Steve Sobol, Proprietor
    888.480.4NET (4638) * 248.724.4NET * sjsobol@JustThe.net
  4. Quick

    Quick Guest

    "Steven J Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote
    > Quick <dhorwitz@nospamcisco.com> wrote:
    >
    > > "Larry W4CSC" <nospam@home.com> wrote
    > >> This Troll has expired....

    > >
    > > He does have a point Larry. You are recommending Nextel
    > > for someone if they are in coverage. You say VZW stinks.
    > > But you have VZW and say its because of the coverage.
    > > VZW's coverage is its main attribute and confirmed by lots
    > > of users (yourself included). So you should probably change
    > > your rant to "They all suck for some reason or other but
    > > VZW sucks least for you". Hows that?

    >
    > Well, that is essentially what Larry's been saying over the years. That's
    > not the issue. The issue (again) is that he has nothing bad to say about
    > Nextel, which would imply that he likes Nextel best (or hates them least).
    >
    > Although I did finally find the answer I was looking for in another post,
    > I'm disappointed that he didn't just come out and answer me. Says a lot...


    So he likes Nextel best, he just can't use them... I can't decide if this is
    inconsistent or not -:)

    -Quick
  5. Larry W4CSC

    Larry W4CSC Guest

    I'm not recommending ANYTHING! Geez!

    I simply pointed out something Nextel has and DOWN THEY COME like a
    pack of wolves!....

    I'm still amazed at the fan loyalty to an elephant-sized corporate
    monster. Is this how they stay in power?



    On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 15:45:29 -0800, "Quick" <dhorwitz@NOSPAMcisco.com>
    wrote:

    >
    >"Larry W4CSC" <nospam@home.com> wrote
    >> This Troll has expired....

    >
    >He does have a point Larry. You are recommending Nextel
    >for someone if they are in coverage. You say VZW stinks.
    >But you have VZW and say its because of the coverage.
    >VZW's coverage is its main attribute and confirmed by lots
    >of users (yourself included). So you should probably change
    >your rant to "They all suck for some reason or other but
    >VZW sucks least for you". Hows that?
    >
    >-Quick
    >
    >



    Larry W4CSC

    "Very funny, Scotty! Now, BEAM ME MY CLOTHES! KIRK OUT!"
  6. Larry W4CSC

    Larry W4CSC Guest

    On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 18:01:25 -0800, "Quick" <dhorwitz@NOSPAMcisco.com>
    wrote:

    >
    >So he likes Nextel best, he just can't use them... I can't decide if this is
    >inconsistent or not -:)
    >
    >-Quick
    >

    I believe I've said it before, but seeing how you all missed it.....

    Verizon is what I call the "Lesser of Evils". They ALL suck, in one
    way or another. Nextel is as bad as the rest of the pack.....except
    in PTT, of course...(c;



    Larry W4CSC

    "Very funny, Scotty! Now, BEAM ME MY CLOTHES! KIRK OUT!"
  7. Larry W4CSC <nospam@home.com> wrote:

    > Verizon is what I call the "Lesser of Evils". They ALL suck, in one
    > way or another. Nextel is as bad as the rest of the pack.....except
    > in PTT, of course...(c;


    But you never complain about Nextel.


    --
    JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services
    22674 Motnocab Road * Apple Valley, CA 92307-1950
    Steve Sobol, Proprietor
    888.480.4NET (4638) * 248.724.4NET * sjsobol@JustThe.net
  8. About Dakota

    About Dakota Guest

    Steven J Sobol wrote:
    > Larry W4CSC <nospam@home.com> wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Verizon is what I call the "Lesser of Evils". They ALL suck, in one
    >>way or another. Nextel is as bad as the rest of the pack.....except
    >>in PTT, of course...(c;

    >
    >
    > But you never complain about Nextel.


    Have you ever heard of anyone complain about Nextel? The only real
    complaints I have heard have been about coverage area (and new lack of
    LD on some plans). I've never heard any Nextel customer complain of
    dropped calls every few minutes (I've heard many Cingular, AT&T, SPCS,
    T-Mo, and many more VZW users complain about this). I've never heard a
    Nextel customer complain because the system is overloaded. I've never
    heard anybody complain about how Nextel's Direct Connect works. I've
    heard many people claim that Nextel had the most annoying service of
    PTT, and it's the worst thing. Now the same group of people claim that
    Nextel's entire customer base is going to flock to Verizon for it's PTT
    (yeah, it's the "dumbest" idea to have PTT, but they're going to switch
    to Verizon anyway...I call them Verizon Worshippers).

    Truth be told about ALL carriers...if you live in rural area, they don't
    give a rat's a$$ about you unless you pay hundreds of thousands of
    dollars per month to them. Verizon is no different. Only last year did
    I have the option of a mobile phone with more than 120 minutes (60
    minutes, no LD was 24.99; 120 minutes, no LD was 44.99 or 45.99, I can't
    remember). When Verizon Wireless has a monopoly, it's ugly. When
    Verizon competes in the top 100 markets, service is great.

    Point at hand -- wireless companies don't care about customers, they
    only care about income.

    AD
  9. Larry W4CSC

    Larry W4CSC Guest

    On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 10:53:20 -0600, Steven J Sobol
    <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote:

    >Larry W4CSC <nospam@home.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Verizon is what I call the "Lesser of Evils". They ALL suck, in one
    >> way or another. Nextel is as bad as the rest of the pack.....except
    >> in PTT, of course...(c;

    >
    >But you never complain about Nextel.
    >

    Probably because I'm not stuck with a Nextel phone on a long
    contract.....



    Larry W4CSC

    "Very funny, Scotty! Now, BEAM ME MY CLOTHES! KIRK OUT!"

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.


Forgot your password?