1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Free drink that the one that can answer my cell phone problem!

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by Peptoe, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Peptoe

Peptoe New Member

Alright here we go:

I've had verizon for years with out any problems. I updated my phone in January to the Motorla E815 and it worked fine for a month.
    About two weeks ago my phone stopped working in my room. I live in long island New York and never had a problem with signal strength. My cell phone worked everywhere else that I traveled, but the minute I walk up the stairs into my room, the phone doesnt work. Doesn't work meaning I had full bars and can make calls and hear my friends, but they cannot hear a word I say.

This is what I have done so far to try and fix it
    1) Got microphone check out - didnt work
    2) Replaced with new E815 - didnt work
    3) Replaced with new LG 8100 - didnt work
    4) Replaced with new LG 8100 this time without uploading my address book - didnt work.

Now I can make a call with a friends verizon cell phone to someone and have it work perfectly. I'll stand in the same spot in my room and use my phone to the same caller, and they cannot hear a word I say?

What more can I do to fix this problem? has anyone had such a strange thing happen to them. Please help, this is so frustrating!

› See More: Free drink that the one that can answer my cell phone problem!
  2. OBXVZW21

OBXVZW21 enjoys shooting nutria

what phone does your friend have?

3. Peptoe

Peptoe New Member

Well its not just my friends. I mean I tried 4 different verizon cell phones and they worked fine! My fathers older LG works fine in my house. My brother';s new Razr works fine, my girlfriend's old phone that is being held together by tape works!

Could it be something with my number? Could it be a bad batch of phones. But this is making no sense to me

4. OBXVZW21

yah im having a hard time understaning it too, try doing *228 then choose option 1 to reprogram your phone. if that doesnt work call Customer Service and see if the settings on your account are correct.

5. Peptoe

Peptoe New Member

I've done all that. Customer Service is baffled. And above that, they wont even give me an option to try out the Razr to see if that works. I mean my brother has one and it works, so i wanna see if one will work with my number. They say id have to pay full price, and thats not cool considering I just updated the end of Jan!

Any other thoughts?

6. OBXVZW21

did you talk to tech support or customer service? i have to call CS all the time and i will be the first one to tell you that yes i think some of the people answering the phone are retarded so i let them know they have helped me out as much as they can and i hang up and usually get someone better.

7. Peptoe

Peptoe New Member

yea, this is now week two. We've tried 4 different phones, so what are the odds of 4 differnet phones all having the same problem? Have you ever heard of someone's cell number being corrupted?

8. OBXVZW21

this only happens in your bedroom? i think it has to be something with your account, or maybe you need to go back to the e815.

9. Peptoe

Peptoe New Member

It happens the second i start to walk up the stairs to my room. Something with my account meaning? And 2 E815's already didnt work, i dont know if that will solve anything!

10. OBXVZW21

honestly im stumped on this one, the only thing i can recommend is complain, complain, and complain again. eventually someone will figure something out.

11. BlkBear

BlkBear Never in the Woods!

Since this has happened with several phones, I'd try to see if they can get a service tech out you your place to see if there is a problem with your building that could be causing a problem with the signal.

Will phones from other carriers work in your room? GSM network vs your CDMA?

Will the phone work anywhere else in the house, other than your room? Or does the same problem happen?

Do you have a 2.4Ghz wireless router or game controller in your room? There can be problems with dropped calls on cordless and cell phones that use the same freq as the router.

Some wireless devices using 2.4-GHz radio frequency, cordless 2.4-GHz phones, some cell phones, walkie talkies and microwave ovens, may cause interference with the wireless network routers. I know this was an issue with a friend when he was setting up his Xbox 360 on a wireless network. He'd get a call on his cordless phone and it would kill the network connection to the xbox. If his older cell phone rang it was hit and miss, so he'd always turn it off.

Found this on a web site, any of these items new to your room since the first phone stopped working in your room? Just grasping at straws here, but it's worth a look.

http://forums.speedguide.net/showthread.php?t=196904
    Checklist of possible interference sources:
    Microwave oven
    2.4Ghz video or security camera link (X10).
    Municipal wireless networks.
    Bluetooth devices (mouse, phone, PDA, headset, cell phone, etc)
    Portable wireless TV camera used at sports events.
    Frequency hopping cordless phones (Panasonic Gigarange)
    802.11b/g wireless keyboards, PDA's, and cell phones.
    2.4GHz game pads and controllers.
    RF Excited Lighting (Fusion Lighting).
    2.4GHz baby monitors.
    2.4GHz ham radio operation.
    WISP (wireless internet service providers) which may be using
    non-802.11 type of modulation (i.e. WiMax).
    Breezecom/Alvarion/Symbol/Raylink frequency hopping networks.
    Western Multiplex or Proxim non-802.11 wireless links. (e.g Lynx).
    HomeRF frequency hopping network.
    Zigbee 802.15.4 sensor wireless network.
    Microwave fruit drying oven, plastic mold preheater.
    Unstable high power wi-fi power amplifier spraying garbage.

12. Peptoe

Peptoe New Member

Hey

Nothing new was added to my room. My first phoen was fine for 7 weeks then stopped working. And now all these phones following dont work. I have full bars and I can hear everyone fine, but nobody can hear me. Again I can take my bros verizon razr and talk fine and then call on mine and no1 can hear me. I feel as if its only fair if verizon gives me a razr for a fair price (right now they refuse) and let me see if it works..

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?