1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

How To Uninstalled Visual Voicemail?

Discussion in 'LG Voyager' started by the2ndflood, Aug 25, 2008.

1. the2ndflood

the2ndflood New Member

I downloaded Visual Voicemail just to see how it works, but there is no option for removing it. How do I uninstall this application? When I click on the application I am given the options of (1. View Properties 2. Upgrade Check) and that is it.

So does anyone know how to remove this program from the Voyager?

UPDATE: I called Verizon and they removed it off of my account, but the application is still on my phone. I guess I could try and remove it with Bitpim, but that might mess up my phone.

› See More: How To Uninstalled Visual Voicemail?
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  2. ydkjman

ydkjman New Member

This is a good question. I don't ever plan on using this and it would be great if you could remove it.

3. the2ndflood

the2ndflood New Member

The only way I can see to remove this is, 1# To Use Bitpim To Remove The Application. 2# To Reset the phone back to it's factor default. (I'm not fully sure on that one though)

Once you download the application, it remains on your phone whether you have the service or not. It's not a big deal because the application isn't that big, but it might bother some people. I imagine because you get a raw version of Visual Voicemail when you get an update, that the download just fills in the blanks of software code; or rewrites it. That is why it can't be removed that easily. Because the Raw version some standard in V9.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?