1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

moto V710 and trans flash problem

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by civic2004, Jan 20, 2006.

1. civic2004

civic2004 New Member

I got a moto V710 and i could NEVER for the longest time figure out how to play the mp3 i put on the transflash card on the phone. i switched the device to trans flash and put the songs in the audio folder and NOTHING. My friend came over the other day and he has the moto e815 and i tried doing it on his phone. So i put 3 songs on the card and tried it on his phone and worked with out a problem. Then i put the card in my phone and what do you no IT WORKED!!! but now i have a problem. I can't get it to work amymore. I try to add more songs to the card and my computer tells me its on there but only the 3 songs i originaly put on there show up and play on my phone and his to even tho theres like 5 songs on the trans flash card.
    What do i do to get it to work right and play all of them? does it have to be formated or something? HLEP PLEASE!!!! thanks.

› See More: moto V710 and trans flash problem
  2. tran2000

tran2000 New Member

format the transflash card from the phone. then hook the transflash up to the computer and put the mp3's in ....motorola/shared/audio

3. tran2000

tran2000 New Member

also, if that doens't work, than your mp3s must have incorrect characters in the filename, try renaming them

4. jeaniesing

jeaniesing New Member

one of our mods discovered that naming was the issue - shorten the name of the song so that no word has more than ~I think it was 8?~ characters in a row...

5. civic2004

civic2004 New Member

thanks alot you guys :) making the file name shorter seemed to be my problem. after i did that i had no problems. Thankz again.

6. celladdict01

celladdict01 New Member

Wait, so what you guys are saying that if I rename my mp3s for my dad's V710 all the mp3s will show up?

7. civic2004

civic2004 New Member

yes it will. That was the problem for me. I dont know why that is but if it has a really long filename or has symbols it wont show up.

8. civic2004

civic2004 New Member

Can you put videos on the v710? and if so how do you do that and what format? I was able to get it to show up on the e815 but when you go to play it the phone shut off and turned back on.

9. e_lee6o4

e_lee6o4 New Member

where you get data cables and trans flash cards?

10. jeaniesing

jeaniesing New Member

11. F0iL

F0iL New Member

I have a similar problem. Basically i take the transflash and put all my cut down mp3 files that that are about 30 sec. each i want on to my transflash from the computer in to the motorola/shared/audio folder. Then i take the transflash and put it in my phone. I can play the songs in my media gallery from my sounds folder, but it wont let me use them as ring tones. I am trying to get them so that i can use them as ring tones. if anyone can help me that would be great.

Thanks

By the way I have a V710 and a 256mb transflash

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?