1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Only receive text messages when I do something outgoing

Discussion in 'LG Dare' started by Cutwolf, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Cutwolf

Cutwolf New Member

I just picked up an LG Dare. Love the phone, but I'm having problems with the service.

Occasionally, I'll receive text messages just fine.

But usually, I don't receive anything until I do something outgoing.

For example, my phone will sit silent all day even though I know texts were sent...but as soon as I send a text or make a call, all the texts that were sent come in at once. It's as if my phone is only on the network when I tell it to do something like make a call or a text.

This means to check my texts, I have to call/txt a number. I've been using *611...but needless to say, I don't want to have to do this. It's a PITA.

Any solutions?

› See More: Only receive text messages when I do something outgoing
  2. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

Are you getting a signal?

3. 02zx9r

02zx9r New Member

My lg voyager does that from time to time. I will send some messages throughout the day and wonder why I am not receiveing replys back. I would eithe rrestart the phone or just take the battery out and when I turned on the phone they would allpop in at once.
    Havent figured it out either.

Hoping I wont have that issue with the Dare

4. Cutwolf

Cutwolf New Member

I typically have around two bars.

A couple of things:

1. It only seems to happen in my apartment and in the activity center. If I'm out and about on campus, it seems fine.

2. Verizon keeps telling me its a device issue. I've already exchanged my device. It's getting extraordinarily frustrating.

This morning I wake up, dial out, and receive four texts that had been sent over six hours ago.

I also don't receive calls or voicemails unless I dial out.

It's at the point where I want out of my Verizon contract, but of course they won't allow that because "technically, they're still providing service." It doesn't matter how slow or ****ty it is.

5. SameProblem

SameProblem New Member

I have this same exact problem although I use an HTC Touch Pro on the Alltel network. Has anything else been done to address this issue?

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?