1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Samsung Intensity SCH-U450 texting problem

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by vchizzle, Jul 26, 2011.

1. vchizzle

vchizzle New Member

Hi.

I have a Samsung Intensity that I have been using for about a year now. It's been fairly serviceable for what I need it to do; make occasional phone calls, and text message. I've been using it fairly heavily, going through up to 200 outgoing and incoming texts a day.

Earlier today, while typing up a text, I accidentally hit the volume button and the screen blacked out and the phone shut down. I've had the phone shut down on me a fair number of times while in my pocket due to randomly pressed buttons, so I figured no big deal. However, after I turned the phone on again and went to text, I could not type more than the word "Hey", or any other combination of three letters without the phone freezing. I tried every other function on the phone, including making calls, checking voicemail, the music player, the camera, and the contact list; everything was working perfectly. However, I still could not type more than three letters into a text without it freezing. So I decided to change from t9 to whatever the regular mode is called (alpha I think?). That allowed me to type more than three letters (I got up to 7 before if froze...hooray), however the main problem then became that if I went to hit a space, it immediately froze. Couldn't hit the # key either.

I'm on Pay-As-You-Go with this thing on Telus in Canada, so I have to pay full price for a replacement phone. The issue with that is that I'm going away for university in a month to a part of the country where Telus isn't supported, so I'd have to buy a replacement phone for at least 80 bucks for a month's use (a tough hit for someone about to go to school). However, I really don't want to be out of touch with every one for a month, because I only have a plan with 50 local minutes and unlimited text; texting is basically my only form of communication.

I'll give Telus a call, but I've heard good things about this place from a buddy so I figured I'd give it a shot. :)

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

› See More: Samsung Intensity SCH-U450 texting problem
  2. mahni1390

mahni1390 Banned

1 person likes this.
  3. vchizzle

vchizzle New Member

How do you factory reset it?

nvm: I got it, and it worked! Thanks. :) But I erased all my pictures on there... I assume those are gone for good, (not a big deal) or is there any way I could get those back?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?