1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Samsung U740 randomly turns off by itself and then restarts.

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by dman153, Jan 18, 2008.

1. dman153

dman153 New Member

I've had my Samsung u740 for about 9 months and its now starting to turn off randomly and then restart. This usually happens when i save a picture or texts, and when making changes with my preferences. Not everytime does this happen but atleast once a day! Ive taken my phone to verizon to get a Software update but it didnt do anything.
    Help!?!

dman153

› See More: Samsung U740 randomly turns off by itself and then restarts.
  2. dpslusser

dpslusser New Member

Dude, ive also had the same problem. The main problem I had was the keypad numbers were burning into the screen when I had the phone closed and the charger plug in. The screen would stay on when the charger is plugged in. I had the phone replaced at verizon (It was only 3 months old). They swapped it out and its still restarting once in a while, and the marks are starting to come back on the screen. The phones only two months old.

3. devynxo

devynxo New Member

Mine does the same damn thing, except when i put mine down not even hardly either the damn thing turns off, and it charges all stupidly. I hateeeee the phone.

1 person likes this.
  4. benthewriter

benthewriter New Member

Hey, I'd like to know that too as a friend of mine has the same problems and he never fixed them.

2 people like this.
  5. alih124

alih124 New Member

I have the same problem, except it doesnt come back on and I dont know whats making it turn off. This is my second phone and it does the same thing. Its not the batteries because my mom had the same phone so we switched because hers was doing it first. Anyone find a solution?

6. cam1312

cam1312 New Member

haha oh wow So lots of people phones are messed up ? mine to as well sadly to admit . i expected more from verison AND samsung . anyone got anyideas yet?>:confused:

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?