1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Signal problems in Palo Alto, CA area?

Discussion in 'alt.cellular.verizon' started by Christopher Albin Edmonds, Dec 18, 2003.

1. Hi- I recently switched to Verizon from Sprint- it has been great, except that starting from
    about last Friday my signal strength at home has gone from 5-7 bars (full strength) to 0-3, and
    as a result I can't use the phone in or around my home, as most calls get dropped if they even
    connect successfully. I called CS, and they didn't have any reports of tower problems or
    anything else in my area. my phone has the latest firmware, PRL, etc. This is annoying, as i
    live in a major urban area.

My handset is a Nokia 3589i, which works flawlessly elsewhere- I get a full strength signal
    several blocks from my house.

any thoughts/ideas/suggestions?

› See More: Signal problems in Palo Alto, CA area?
  2. Andy

Andy Guest

Christopher Albin Edmonds <cedmonds@Stanford.EDU> wrote in message news:<brt1o3$ec3$1@news.Stanford.EDU>...
    > Hi- I recently switched to Verizon from Sprint- it has been great, except that starting from
    > about last Friday my signal strength at home has gone from 5-7 bars (full strength) to 0-3, and
    > as a result I can't use the phone in or around my home, as most calls get dropped if they even
    > connect successfully. I called CS, and they didn't have any reports of tower problems or
    > anything else in my area. my phone has the latest firmware, PRL, etc. This is annoying, as i
    > live in a major urban area.
    >
    > My handset is a Nokia 3589i, which works flawlessly elsewhere- I get a full strength signal
    > several blocks from my house.
    >
    > any thoughts/ideas/suggestions?

This has never happened to me, since I joined Verizon, but go to the
    nearest Verizon store and tell them about the problem if 611 is no
    help...they should be able to tell you something or they should be
    able to have someone look into it. If what you say is true and your
    phone works great everywhere else, then something must be wrong with
    the cellsite that covers your neighborhood. If they also tell you that
    they have no reports of any tower malfunctioning, then have them check
    your phone to make sure everything is all right with it.
    Hope this helped.
    ~Andreas

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?