1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Strange Samsung Intensity text problem

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by JayBaybee, Apr 23, 2010.

1. JayBaybee

JayBaybee New Member

I don't know why this is happening, but sometimes when i get a long text from someone, weird stuff gets sent to me, that they didn't type.

Earlier today i got a text that said this: "what is wrong with you? you beat that girl by a long shot because i've never even seen itire year again.

Now, what they actually sent me was: "what is wrong with you? you beat that girl by a long shot because i've never even seen it when i met you."

It's really strange.

Another message that was sent to me was: "Because i'm the one that has to go buy it. By the time i get there i will be late to come meet up with you. Now dt! And i've seen alot of you lol"

& The message they sent said "Because i'm the one that has to go buy it. By the time i get there i will be late to come meet up with you."

I have even read the sents, and i was curious if something is going on like this with anyone else..

Thanks alot,
    Jacklynn

› See More: Strange Samsung Intensity text problem
  2. Gafzini

Gafzini New Member

Re: Strange text problem

It appears that the receiving device is not properly reading the concatenation string in the User Data Headers correctly when trying to put the two messages together to be displayed as one EMS (long msg) on the device.

I have seen this behavior before with the Samsung devices when the terminating device has the sending party's number as one of their contacts. The samsung will do this only with specific contacts. It seems there is some info about a particular contact that gets stuck somewhere in it's memory or asics causing it to combine previously received messages with new EMS messages when the device misinterprets the UDH.

I recommend that the receiving party delete this contact and power cycle the phone before recreating it and proceeding with testing EMS msgs. If problem continues I would have the receiving device flashed or replaced.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?