1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Verizon camera phone

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by jkmagic22, Jun 26, 2004.

1. jkmagic22

jkmagic22 New Member

Hey everyone!
    I currently have the LG VX4400b...and I really want a camera phone...and it hsa to be Verizon. Before I get a phone, I want to make sure it's a good phone, looks good, light-weight, high-tech, etc. I've been researching all the Verizon camera phones, and have basically narrowed it down to the Samsung sch-a670 or the Audiovox cdm-8900. The lg vx6000 is too big and not high-tech enough, and the Samsung sch-a610 seems weird because the screen rotates and I'm sure the swivel would probably break. Anyway, I've recently been hearing that lots of new Verizon phones are coming out, with video messaging, including the lg vx7000 and the motorola v710. Does anyone have any advice on whether I should:

1) get the cdm-8900 vs. sch-a670?
    2) wait for the new Verizon camera phones?
    3) get an entirely different phone?

Thanks!

› See More: Verizon camera phone
  2. rasputinj

rasputinj New Member

I have not played around with the 670 yet, but I am a big Samsung fan, I am not so big on the 8900. I have heard more complaints about RF with the 8900, I also like the UI of the Samsung, and the feel of the Samsungs in general.

3. jkmagic22

jkmagic22 New Member

Okay, thanks raputinj...but what do RF and UI mean?? Also, do you know if you can view yourself when taking a self-portrait-picture on the external screen of the a670?

Thanks

4. mooster1223

mooster1223 New Member

Yep. I just got the 670 on saturday. I love it so far. I had an audivox 8600 that I took back and traded up for.

5. jkmagic22

jkmagic22 New Member

Okay-thanks!

Do you have any complaints about the 670 or is it basically perfect?

6. jkmagic22

jkmagic22 New Member

Also, does anyone know how many pictures you can store in 670's photo gallery?

-Thanks!

7. mooster1223

mooster1223 New Member

I don't know how many pics you can store. I got it primarily for the phone function and it's working great for me. I am traveling to ohio for the hoilday weekend so I'm curious how it will work, being all digital that is. I hope I don't need a tri mode for travel, if I do, I may have to see about the v710 if it ever comes out.

I believe UI stands for user interface and RF is radio frequency interferance. I could certianly be wrong though. My only complaint is probably service related. When my friend from ohio calls, his id does not show up. It says restricted number even though his name and number are programed into my phone. I guess it's something I'll have to live with.

8. nexthescreen

nexthescreen New Member

the audiovox 8900 sux. and i dont get why u think the LG 6000 isnt high tech enough. it is way better than the 670. it has music tones and great sound quality and was rated way higher than it

9. jkmagic22

jkmagic22 New Member

ok-thanks.
    i think the 6000 isnt high tech enough for a few reasons: no video, no outer color screen (no picture id, outside wallpaper, etc.) right now i have the lg vx4400b, so with my nbew phone i want everything from the 4400, as well as a camera and an outside color screen. on the inside screen, i just found out that the 6000 has a 262K color display, and that the a670 has a 65K color display.

does this really make a difference?

also, i just looked up the new 9900. it looks cool. it has a 4K outside color display.

do you know if 4K is too little? or when that phone will come out?

anyway, the 4400 is a light silver, which i really like. however, the a670, which i think is my top choice, is darkish gray.

does the dark gray look bad? and is the frame around the inner screen blue or gray?

sorry about all these questions... i just really wanna make sure i choose the right phone for me!

10. nexthescreen

nexthescreen New Member

what are u talking about. the lg 6000 has picture ID and it is way better than the samsung a670. the 4k thing i dont know about

11. jkmagic22

jkmagic22 New Member

how can the 6000 have external picture id if theres no external color screen? also, does anyone know how much the 9900 will cost?

12. gnarkill

gnarkill New Member

Get the audiovox cdm 8900.Its a good phone!

13. jkmagic22

jkmagic22 New Member

well, i would, but i desperately want an external color screen. right now i have the 4400, and i the 2 things i want on my new phone are dual color screens and a camera... i was planning on getting the 8900 for a while, though.

14. dell

dell New Member

well i just bought the samsung sch a670 picture camera and video, and im satisfied with it.. the battery has a lifetime of 5days which amazes me since their isnt many phones out their that can do that.

15. ldburroughs

ldburroughs New Member

I have both phones. My wife has the vx6000 and I now have the Samsung a670. I have obviously compared them extensively and the Samsung is a much more impressive phone. When we first got the vx6000 we were very impressed. It is a fantastic phone. But a year later, there is no comparison. The dual screens on the a670 combined with the quality of sound make it a better choice. I'm not into ring tones, so I can't comment on which one makes a better audio player ... but I am referring to the quality of the sound when I am talking on the phone ... its original purpose. Also, the dark grey looks more refined than the blue and bright silver on the vx6000. It's your choice ... but between the two, I would recommend the a670 as a better overall phone. Good luck with your decision.

16. jkmagic22

jkmagic22 New Member

Thanks ldborroughs, that was helpful. So do u think i should get the a670, or wait for the audiovox cdm 9900?

17. ldburroughs

ldburroughs New Member

Unfortunately my only personal experience is with the LG and the Samsung. It is possible that Audiovox has fixed a lot of their problems. I've owned a few bad Samsungs some years ago. What I have heard about the existing Audiovox's isn't all that great though. I'm sure it will have everything you are looking for in a phone though. The newer LG vx7000 looks nice but I think it is starting to stretch your original price point a bit much. The only reason I would consider it is because the screen is a tad bit longer and it can do the newer versions of web with Verizon. The Samsung is still a great phone for the price point. I look at it this way ... you can always wait until the next phone with newer technology comes out. It's like buying a computer now or waiting till something a bit faster or more advanced comes out next Srping. You might as well enjoy a phone in the meantime if it does the things you want now. You can upgrade in a year if something amazing comes out anyway. Good luck with your decision.

18. davidh

davidh New Member

dont get the 8900!!! its really an annoying phone.

19. DYMEPIMPIN

DYMEPIMPIN New Member

samsung a670, just got it last week and i really like it

20. /zef.d/

/zef.d/ New Member

40 High Quality.
    230+ Low Quality.

2 15-Second Videos. (Not Sendable)

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?