1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Verizon LG8300 ringtones and SD Card

Discussion in 'LG' started by warrior58d, Jan 24, 2007.

1. warrior58d

warrior58d New Member

Hello,

I have a verizon LG 8300 with a 512 micro SD card. I am trying to make my own ringtones to that I don't have to pay the ever greedy verizon for them. I tried to use a program called Audacity to crop and edit an mp3 and exported a 20 sec clip using LAME.dll to an mp3 format. My question is...will this phone recognize MP3's as ringtones and if so how do I get them into my phone. I have tried using the Micro SD card but all it shows up in is my MP3 folder when I put it there and will not recognize it as a possible ringtone. I have searched and searched the foums but can't seem to find the answer for my verizon/lg. I have found many cryptic instructions but since they are usually for other phones I can't figure it out. okay. so what format should I make the ringtone? and then how do I get it into my phone. Any help that you can give on this would greatly be appreciated. Thanks again.

John

› See More: Verizon LG8300 ringtones and SD Card
  2. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

3. FunkyELF

FunkyELF New Member

Does BitPim make any assumptions about this phone?

Doesn't Verizon put their own software on every phone.

I'm just wondering since maybe you need to put the ringtones in a different spot for a T-Mobile 8300 than you would with a Verizon 8300.

Just wondering if you have used BitPim with the 8300 and can confirm that it works with Verizon's software.
    I see the 8300 listed as supported in BitPim, but maybe that is only the retail version.

Thanks,
    ~Eric

4. foreverLaur

foreverLaur New Member

have you enabled the phone to play MP3's? Bring up the menu and press 0 and fill all the ? with 0's. you can then go to music settings and enable MP3's.

5. paulcman

paulcman New Member

Do you have the Verizon 8300 or are you with T-Mobile? Your original post says Verizon, and nobody else posted anything about T-Mobile. Since Verizon and T-Mobile can't use the same phones, your question is irrelevant and unnecessary.

That having been said, BitPim will work just fine for your Verizon LG-VX8300. It knows exactly where to put your ringtones. However, if you are not very technically inclined, I would not recommend using BitPim as it can seriously mess up your phone if you do something wrong. If that should happen, you would effectively void your warranty and be stuck with an expensive paperweight.

6. paulcman

paulcman New Member

MP3 files are enabled by default on the LG-VX8300 right out of the box. There is no need to enter the manual programming to do so.

7. foreverLaur

foreverLaur New Member

Did they changed the phone? I know my entire family got the LG VX8300 and we all had to manually enable MP3's. When we bought it, it was advertised as a non-MP3 playing phone and there used to be a lot of complaints about the fact that it did not play MP3's and that you had to manually go in and enable it.

8. paulcman

paulcman New Member

You are thinking about the LG-VX8100, not the newer 8300.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?